Chapter IV: Pandora's Box

Hana's POV

"Hey.. Cameron..." I said.

"Yow. Here have this weapon let's kill those pests." He said giving me a gun.

"But I don't know how to use this.." I replied.

"Tsk. Weak." He said.

"Yeah.. I'm weak.." I said to myself.

"Woohoo! Gunssss!!" Lizzy said testing one gun.

"Gene. Any weapon you can use? How about this Bow or that Healing kit?" Vivian asked.

"Healing Kit.." The other two laughed.

"I pick the bow" I said even I don't know how to use it but I have to, to survive this nightmare. I miss my family. I miss Gene.

"Gene's a loser." Lizzy whispered to Cameron. They thought I can't hear them. It hurts me. I need to be strong, shed the tears.

"Hand over me those arrows you d*ck head!" I shouted to Cameron. I'm not like that but I must play with it. Argh. This is hard.

"Woah, woah. She thinks she's the boss." Cameron smirked.

"That's the spirit Gene!" Vivian enjoyed the act.

"Hand over the arrows!" I shouted louder.

"Woah." Lizzy's shocked.

"What did you just do to me!?" Cameron slowly walked towards me giving me a glaring look.

"I said go get those arrows for me! You psycho." I said to his face. Argh. I hate being bad. Good thing I met my bully Judith.

"Oh really!" He showed me his fists towards my face.

"Oh my Glob" I said to myself.

"Shut up!" I knee him to his private part.

"Ouch!!! AHHH! MOTHERFUCKING MENACE!" He fell down to the floor holding his private part shouting at me.

"He-here.." Lizzy stuttered.

"I knew it! There's some beast in you Gene.. Let's kill those monsters. And by the way.. Cameron stand up tell her everything." Vivian encouraged me.

"Good Valor... But why my private part... Ouch.. It's just a test... To test if you're capable of being part of us.. Ouch.." He said trying to not cry. He's still on the grassy ground.

"Oopss.. Sorry.. I planned to be strong to you but I can't..." I laughed.

"I shouldn't have gone that far... Ouch.." He added.

"Let me help you stand up!" I gave him a hand.

"Thank you.." Cameron blushed.

"Ok.. Here's the poison. For that bow and arrow kit. Have this healing kit too." Lizzy interrupted.

"Come on everyone. Let's hunt!" Vivian said showing her inspirational smile again. I don't know why I call her smile like that. I like people with dimples you know.

A voice filled the place once more "Players. All chests are going to disappear in one minute. Be ready for the monsters. Good luck players. This is Death giving you more threat" at the end of the sentences, a sinister laughter was heard.

"Shut up Death." Vivian said.

"Death?" I asked.

Lizzy replied "Yeah. Death. You know the Grim Reaper? I died in am accident in our school but he gave me a chance to be alive. He invited me to join the game so I took the chance."

"Me too. I died out of too much stress in my career..." Cameron said.

"What's your career?" I asked.

"I'm a rock star" Cameron responded.

It hit me hard as they said those.

I asked myself " Am I dead?"

Vivian interrupted "Death.. Yeah.. I think I died too... I'm a soldier you see.. I serve our country.. Ready to die for my people's sake and protection... When I was in the desert, I saw hope. A silhouette of a man... Not a man but a Grim Reaper appeared giving me a hand.. He said he'll help me so I took the chance but I didn't know this would be like this.. But I guess I'm lucky.."

I said to myself "My entering here is different.. I shouldn't be here... Rita.. Tell me everything when I found you.."

"How about you.." Vivian added.

"Sorry.. I can't remember a thing.. I think I have an amnesia from the outside world..." I cried.

"Woah. Drama Queen." Lizzy said rolling her eyes.

"Haha! Drama Queen." Cameron laughed punching Lizzy's shoulder.

"Hey!" Lizzy punched Cameron harder in it's cheeks.

"Ouchhh!!! Agh. Enough pain... Gosh.. It's painful you guys." Cameron said. He didn't notice his nose was bleeding. Me, Lizzy and Vivian laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" Cameron asked. He looked worried.

I checked my pocket seeing a handkerchief.

"Here. Wipe those blood from your nose.." I laughed.

"Never mess with the maze's Pandora" Lizzy laughed evilly.

"Thanks.." Cameron said to me.

Cameron added winking "You mean Pandora the Explorer! Ha! Get it!"

"Ew. Uncle Jokes." Lizzy replied rolling her eyes.

"Guys! Do you hear that? It's a horse!" Vivian shouted.

"Run!!" I shouted carrying my weapon.

"Vivian? It's just a horse." Lizzy said in a intimidating voice.

"Shut up Liz. Follow her!" Vivian said pointing at me.

"But! Wh-why me?" I shrugged.

"Come on Gene. Let's go there.. Vi! Come with us.. Hope to see you." Cameron said.

Lizzy doesn't want to follow us.

"Lizzy. Come now." Cameron hesitated.

"No. I'll help her." Lizzy glared at Cameron.

"Okay.. Let's go Gene."

As we ran, I looked back. Vivian and Lizzy was there ready to fight.

"Fire!!!" Vivian shouted. A horse sound filled the whole maze.

Vivian, I wish Lizzy won't betray you. That's your monster and I don't want you to die. I don't trust Lizzy anymore. As we run Cameron didn't notice that I cry a bit. Accidentally, my arrows fell to the ground.

"Wait! Cameron.." I shouted. He looked back with his face full of dripping sweat.

"Argh.. I'll help you.." He gave me a hand to grab the arrows. He noticed I'm crying.

"Why cry?" He's worried.

"I don't trust Lizzy.." I said.

"Li-lizzy? Why?" He asked with his creased forehead.

"I don't know.. I have an instinct.. She would betray Vi.." I said.

©Slaughter Maze