Chapter 67: Most Powerful Dragonoid

Airelina Frembell

Of course, I care for the wellbeing of my dragon knight. Everything he wants shall be given according to the best of my power. I shall see to it that my Amphy will live happy with me. As for this moment, he wanted some answers, so I accompanied him to the holy Cathedral Exa and asked H.G. once again. We want a lot of answers  about his unique power Eye of Deus, but H.G.’s answer is as vague as ever.

“Boy is certainly an idiot. I have told the boy over and over again, but the boy has yet to understand. The Eye of Deus is the power of the Old Deus who mastered ancient witchcrafts and sealing spells. It is the root of the Vesryn Pulse itself. With that power, the boy can perfectly manipulate the hearts of the dragons without applying for a contract, nor citing the verses of the Vesryn Pulse.”

Amphy scratched his head and made a naïve smile. “S-So basically, I cannot just fuse dragons, but use Vesryn Pulse on other dragonoids too?”

“Yes, though you can only use it once every seven days.” H.G. made a slight smile to us. “It’s a perfect timing for the boy to come here. I have someone to introduce.”

The gigantic wooden door opened, and a beautiful maiden appeared. She was wearing a priestess’s outfit which fits her innocent matured looks. This woman is certainly a dragonoid, from the looks of her crimson eyes. But there is this glowing golden gem on her forehead which has micro runes engraved on it.

What’s more troubling with this girl is her big boobs! I’m completely defeated in terms of bust size! I can even see Amphy had his eyes fixated! He’s even blushing! Why have you forsaken me!

“This is Exceria, the most powerful dragonoid in existence.” H.G. said with a cheeky attitude.

“N-Nice to meet you…Sir Amphere Harrison…” the beautiful lady politely bowed. Being flustered, Amphy repeated the gesture. Then they both shook hands.

I glared at Amphy, then to the lady, and to Amphy back again, and then to the lady. I can’t help but to feel uneasy with this woman! She’s already got my husband’s heart at ‘Nice to meet you!’!!! I’m so jealous! Totally!

“No one has ever succeeded in making a Vesryn Pulse contract with her. All dragon knights also have a compatibility rate of 0% with her. Let’s see if the boy has the power to show her glorious dragon form.” H.G. continued.

This time, I completely snapped. “What! This boobs lady will perform Vesryn Pulse with my Amphy! No way! Totally!”

“It’s for the best.” Amphy calmly said. “I need to strengthen my Eye of Deus to win the tournament, Airi.”

I shut up my mouth. I bowed and sulked in the corner of the room. I feel that Amphy just wanted to try some other things without me, his adorable dragonoid. Maybe Amphy doesn’t want me to be his dragon anymore…

I was engulfed with my melancholic thought until Amphy approached me and patted my head like a dog. “Don’t worry Airi. You’re still my dragonoid.”

Of course, the love of my life’s words did affect me and my mood! Totally! I returned back to normal, and gave him the cutest smile I’ve ever done and replied. “It can’t be helped then. Well, as you’re your understanding girlfriend, I shall let it slide. Just this time. Totally!”

“You’re not my girlfriend.” Amphy made his smile a little more sarcastic.

We had a heartbeat monitor device scan Amphy and Exceria’s heartbeats. From the looks of it, H.G. was certainly telling the truth. Zero percent compatibility. Not even the slightest strand of the graph showed similarities. Amphy’s heartbeats are just normal, but Exceria’s… Her heart is so slow beating, and there’s a little force either. I have never seen anything like it, totally.

“Maybe the boy should resort to ‘that’”. H.G. wiped her silver hair and sighed. The three of us didn’t have a clue and gave her an ignorant face, silently asking her to explain what she means by ‘that’. Seeing this, H.G. sighed again and continued. “’That’ means the boy should increase the power of his bond to Exceria. Meaning, the boy should have a date with her.”

“T-The what now?” Amphy exclaimed. Exceria had her face flustered. And me… I think my heart just stopped.

“In order to perform a Vesryn Pulse, the dragon and the knight must share a precious moment together.”

I wanted to protest, but the two agreed about it since THERE’S NOTHING TO LOSE! Well, I’m an sympathetic wife for Amphy, so I should let it slide…just for this day. One wrong move and I’ll gladly slit that woman’s throat! Totally!

The next day, I helped Amphy dressed up like an American businessman. I even used some make-up on him to become so presentable. I made him a lot more handsome than any man on this planet. Although this is not my date, I wanted Amphy to be happy for this one. Though it hurts my heart a bit.

They met in the central square which is full of floating umbrellas in red and white colors. There in the central fountain lies the sexiest woman alive. Exceria is wearing a pink blouse, which reveals her body. A priestess shouldn’t wear something like that, totally!

“Y-You look gorgeous.” Amphy muttered.

“T-Thanks…You’re so handsome, too.” Exceria  said with a blush on her face. Blood went up to Amphy’s cheeks as he soon sees Exceria’s facial expression. These two… I wanted to kick them both, totally!

I’m jealous. And hurt. And intrigued. And enraged. And hearbroken. Totally…I felt that I would be a nuisance if I stayed with them so I went away and watched them from the distance. Just this time, endure it Airi. I said to myself. I tried to convince myself more but as time go on; my feelings became a lot stronger. The feeling of anger and possessiveness.

First, they went to the Food Street and ordered some corn dogs, crispy chicken skin, shawarma and ice cream. They had some entertainer clown took a picture of them in the central fountain. There was a time where some of the vanilla ice cream made Exceria’s dress stained (on the chest part) and Amphy wiped those for her using a handkerchief!

There is a carnival just near the Food Street, so it didn’t hurt to visit it for them. I don’t know what happened next because I halted observing them. The more I watch, the more I’m hurt! Totally!

When the sun finally went down, I rendezvous with the sweety lovey dovey couple with a smile…Of course it’s fake. I’ll rant about those later.

“So what happened to your date?” I asked.

“I-It’s great!” Exceria answered in a jolly voice. D-D-Darn her! I was clenching my fist as she tells me the story of their day together. “I was terrified in that haunted house that I accidentally hugged Amphere over ten times! And then Amphere helped me ride the carousel because I can’t lift my body because of my chest! And then we talked about our hobbies when we rode and take our sweet time in the ferris wheel!”

T-T-This gal! I’m just resisting the urge to punch her, until her tongue slipped out something.

“Aaaah.” Exceria gave off a satisfied moan.  “I haven’t tried those rides for a while now. The last time I went to a carnival is about five hundred years ago, before the First Dragonoid War. Vesryn kept me inside the cathedral ever since.”

I can overlook ‘five hundred years ago’ as a figure of speech. But mentioning the First Dragonoid War, which is about four centuries ago, and Vesryn; who is treated as the goddess of Alterra, makes me shiver in terror.