09.

I'm not the kind of girl that puts her nose in other people's business

I like to stay away and out of any sort of drama.

So imagine my surprise when Brittany, the girl you dumped yesterday, walked up to me and accused me of 'fucking things up' in her relationship.
Her words, not mine.

She came upto me when I was taking out things from my locker at the end of the day.

I believe she exactly said, while violently shaking my shoulders 'You bitch. How dare you?! You spoiled it. You fucked things up. If it weren't for you, me and Caleb would still be dating.'

I would've shook off her hands and yelled something in return but I was so taken aback by her outburst that I couldn't move.

And I'm pretty sure she would've continued using profanities and shaking me if you hadn't come when you did.

You pulled me back and away from her which resulted in my back colliding with your chest.

It would've been romantic if only Brittany weren't standing there.

Her eyes grew as wide as saucers when she saw our closeness and expanded even more when you started speaking.

'Listen here Brittany, just stop troubling April because she is not responsible for the decisions I take. And get the fact inside your head that I don't like you anymore so please leave.'

Ouch.
That must've hurt.

I'm sure it did because she left while muttering an incoherent response.

You turned me around by the shoulders to face you and asked if I was okay.

Aware of how close we were, I pulled myself back and said 'I'm fine and I would've handled her.'

You just chuckled and said 'Damn right. You were handling her real well.'

I pouted and mumbled a 'Shut up.'

Then you did something startling and said 'Wanna go get some ice cream with me?'. You had a nervous look on your face.

But what was even more startling was that, I said yes.

So then we drove to the ice cream parlour a few blocks down the road from school.

Where you used to take me every Saturday beacuse you knew how much I loved their ice cream.

And we sat at the same booth in the corner, where we used to sit.

And we ordered the same that we used to order.

The old woman behind the counter gave us a warm smile when we entered.
I think she remembered us from all those times before.

The only variance being
we weren't sitting next to each other but on opposite sides of the table.

But soon at the table, things changed from awkward glances and small smiles to jokes and full-blown laughter in hardly an hour.

I missed this.

I missed seeing your dimples everytime you smiled or laughed.

I missed you cracking jokes on every random person that entered the shop.

And
I missed you and me.

And how good we both were.
Together.

•••

•••