Must Be Love On The Brain

(Leian)

Leian POV ❤

Meech been acting weird. It's been 30 minutes of driving and he hasn't spoke a word. I think he was a little shook off of Ed's weird stunt earlier.

I played with his hands looking at the groves and the calluses embedded in his hands.

"I'm sorry for my brother's rudeness if you want I can get you another phone..." He didn't speak for a few minutes before responding.

"It's not that Le it's just a few thing I have to think about." I looked down.

"Like what?"

My intuition has been pinging on Mondo for a while weather he's a good or bad person I can't figure out. I guess that's what attracted me to him. I couldn't figure him out.

I traced the lines on his hand and started humming.

"Like what's gonna happen after this..."

I looked up at him.

"Like how life going to go on...Man let me not worry you about my bullshit."

I shook my head. He know he gonna finish that sentence later.

"Tell me about yourself Le."

"What do you mean?"

"Tell me about yourself. I want to know your secrets, your passions, what you like and don't. I don't know that much about you."

"You know something things about me Meech quit playing."

I laughed going though his snack drawer and getting out a bag of popcorn.

"I know you like to eat my snacks. And you call me Papi. And I know how to make you squirm..." He reached over and gripped my thigh and licked his lips. I blushed and smacked his hand.

"Little boy don't touch me." He laughed drawing his hand back in pain.

"All jokes aside, tell me about yourself." He chuckled.

I looked down. What could I tell him?

"What do you want to know?"

"What's your favorite color?"

I thought about it.

What is my favorite color?

"You see how the sun is setting? You see how the sun creates an ombre? I like the orange shades to the pink."

He chuckled.

"That's not a shade, slow!" He pushed my head and I punched his shoulder playfully.

"It's a group of shades. I can't choose..." I looked up into the distance.

"You know my Grandmother used to tell me a story about the sunsets.Atabey is the supreme goddess of the Taíon people she had three phases or people in herself. She could be violent and that personality was called Guabancex, and a personality of love we call Caguanna . Well in the mornings Atabey would wet the ground with dew and spend time tending to animals helping with birth. And the male God's would Chase her into the sea asking for her hand and she would come back sometimes as a storm,Guabancex. And One day Atabey fell in love with a mortal king and so he wouldn't die she turned mortal. The king betrayed her identity and the people held her hostage when the God's came looking for Atabey the King would like and said he never knew where she was so, the seasons never changed, nothing every grew, and no babies could be born. The king died and the god of the underworld made him confess on the whereabouts of Atabey and he liked and said she had died. The whole world stopped waiting for the beautiful woman who once tended to order returned. Atabey's brother and the Sun God spotted her in her prison and rescued her. The whole world rejoiced! And her final form, A.K.A the sunset was the birth of Caguanna her and the sun's marriage and love are symbolised by the sunset."

"That was deep." Mondo looked at me wide eyed.

I looked down and blushed. "I never told anyone that story before."

"Le may I ask another question?"Mondo questioned me.

"Yea wassup?"

"Why isn't your mom so prevalent in your life?" Mondo looked down," why didn't she stop your sister? Why isn't she there.

I looked out the window and tears streamed down my face.

"Leian please don't cry!" He pulled the car over to a local gas station.

"My mom never cared... She was never there... I was always the second choice! With wether it came to clothes or choosing me to be saved. My dad sold drugs and she kept every kid out of it except me. She didn't support me through everything. My dad and grandparents were the only ones who cared..." I couldn't speak anymore because of the tears.

He rubbed my back trying to give comfort. Everyone else pulled over and I tried to whipe away my tears. Cholo came to the window and saw me crying.

"Le, What's wrong?!" He gave Mondo a threatening look.

"I just asked her what was up with her and her mom..." Mondo looked down sorta disappointed in himself."Le I am so sorry."

"It's not your fault." I sniffled.

Cholo took me out of the car and looked at Mondo menacingly. "Sauce,Ed, And Them your riding with Mondo!" They all got out accordingly.

"Chill Le's okay here. I won't bring it up anymore!" Mondo got out the car.

"BRO CAN YOU JUST BACK THE FUCK UP FOR TWO SECONDS AND LET IT GO??" Cholo shouted the whole parking lot grew quiet and still at his words echoed over the traffic.

Mondo looked like he wanted to retort, instead, he smacked his teeth and went back to the car.

Ed checked on me and then got in the front seat. Shaq was flirting with Izzy.

I sighed and smiled. He's happy.

Cholo kissed my forehead and put me in the car,"It's okay I got you now BabyGirl."

Cholo's vibe felt odd. I just sat in the front seat sniffling. We were back on the road and all the drivers wanted to take a break and get some sleep.

We stopped at a safe house we had in Athens,Georgia everyone took their overnight bag and got ready.

Mondo came behind me as we were walking in.

"Are you okay?" He whispered in my ear I nodded eyes still a little puffy.

Cholo gave Mondo a look.

" On some grown man shit,What is wrong with you Cholo? It's like ever since you went to get Le's Shit you been acting funny as shit. We we're cool and it's like you don't fuck with me all of a sudden." Mondo started getting a little mad.

"Seems like he figured out how Le and you slept in the same bed last night..." Mina pipped up.

"What the fu- YOU DID WHAT?!!" Cholo was irate. I held up my hand and he stopped his rant and paced. I looked at Izzy and she smacked the shit our of Mina.

I pointed at her,"Mind your business." Shaq giggled.

I looked at him and did the cut it out hand sign. He was silenced.

"Wether we slept in the same bed or not is none of your business. Wether we did something is none of your business." Everyone respected this but Mondo and Cholo. Mondo grabbed my ass and mouthed 'mine' Cholo surged forward to fight him. Ed held back Cholo and Mondo held me by my waist and milked it.

The continue to bicker more and more. Sauce stood up and silenced an entire room "WOULD YOU TWO QUIT  BEING BITCHES AND THINK ABOUT THIS MONEY?!!!"