Prolouge

"Flame brain!"

"Ice princess!"

"Ash for brains!"

"Frost breath!"

They were at it again. Punches and kicks were received and dodged after each insult the two yelled at each other.

Natsu jumped, dodging Gray's foot that was intended to make Natsu fall off his feet as he aimed his fist for Gray's face. Natsu's fist  made contact with Gray's face for Gray wasn't quick enough. Soon, more and more people joined in on the action making a huge brawl amongst the guild form.

Yet, Natsu felt empty.

No matter the amount of people that would surround him, either at the guild or walking around town, he always felt...alone.

Hollow.

Tired.

Weak.

Useless.

But he kept on putting up smiles so realistic from all the practice and times he's done it.

He kept up his happy-go-lucky act, because it was so much easier than explaining what was wrong. Fighting with Gray and other guild members had become something he'd do to distract himself from the misery he felt.

He's gotten so good at it, making up this whole other person to hide how he truly felt and was. No one suspected a thing. Natsu acted so happy people who knew him wouldn't even think that Natsu would even know the meaning of depression. He is a good actor, after all.