Crying Shame

Ink's POV

Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
I clap my hands over my mouth while Error stares at me in shock.

What did I just do?!

I quickly unzip the tent and sprint out before anyone can stop me.

I don't know where I'm going, I just know that I have to get away from the mess I just made.

Error's POV

I touch the spot on my mouth where Ink just kissed me. Just thinking about it makes my cheeks heat up.

Ink dashes out of the tent and into the anti-void before my brain can process what's going on.

When it does, I think of one thing.

I need to help Ink.

Ink's POV

I look behind me and only see the nothingness that is the void. I'm lost, but I don't care. I'm away from Error and the problem I made.

What was I THINKING?! Kissing Error like that? We were finally (sort of) connecting! I was getting closer to him and my chance of escape! But noooo.
I just HAD to go and reveal my true feelings by KISSING HIM!

I crouch down as my body is wracked by powerful, painful sobs. Hot tears stream down my face, but that just makes me cry harder.

I'm leading him on. What would he do if he found out I was SOULLESS? I don't have the capacity to LOVE! I shouldn't even exist! It would break his soul if I got him to fall in love with me, just for him to figure out that I can't actually love like he can! Error was right all along.

I am a glitch.

I am an anomaly.

My body is seized by another huge wave of crushing sobs.

My inky tears falling to the ground just remind me of how abnormal I am.

Error's POV

I've been looking for Ink for a while now. And I can't seem to find him. He must be lost and worried. I need to find him soon.

Suddenly I hear soul-wrenching sobs coming from my right. INK! I rush towards the sound to find the Skittle, crouching, sobbing and surrounded by his own tears.

He doesn't hear me as I walk up behind him. I look at his shaking form, and something curls in the pit of my stomach.

I rest a hand on my shoulder and he jolts, turning his head to face me. Tears are streaming down his now rainbow coloured face, one eye shaped like a tear, the other like a broken heart.

Seeing me just makes him cry more. Not knowing what else to do, I sit down beside him and wrap my arm around his shoulder. He reluctantly leans into me, and grips my sweater like his life depends on it.

Once he's calmed down, I ask, "wHat'S wRonG inKy?"

Tears begin to once again stream down his cheekbones.

"I-I'm s-s-so-o-rry." He sobs into my neck. I hesitantly place my hand on his middle back and rub. He snuggles closer, body still shaking.

"YoU dOn't nEEd tO bE sOrRy, sKittLe fAcE." I tell him gently.

"I-I mess-ssed everyth-thing up!" He says between sad hiccups, "I sh-shouldn't have ki-kissed you."

I stare at his tear-stained face, before leaning down and kissing him. His eyes widened and I smiled into his teeth.

Slowly I pull away. "AcTuaLLy, tHaT waS tHe beSt tHinG tHat'S haPpenEd tO mE." Ink smiles at me,

Then starts crying again.