Part 2 (Reader)

He is so hot. Damn I sound like a kid. But damn. He's so hot. I couldn't help but stare yesterday when Mr. Jefferson led me to Principal Well's office. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him since, his short, groomed goatee, his brooding, chocolate stare. There's something about him, he's so kind and charming, I can't help but wonder what his dark side is. What makes that man tick....
I roll over in bed. My alarm sounded twenty minutes ago, I need to get going. I was notorious at my old school for being late, I need to turn over a new leaf, especially if I decide to stay hot for teacher. That's a good song.... I turn on Van Halen and throw myself out of bed while I still have momentum. I plan my outfit for the day and grab my shower supplies. I slip out of my room and walk down the hall to the showers, I don't want to wake anyone, I just prefer to shower early. I turn the water hotter and hotter as I think about the day ahead, hopefully confidence correlates with shower temperature, or I'm fucked. I climb out of the shower and head back to my room and get dressed. I have an hour before class, I think I may head out early and see if there are any good shots of the dew on the grass, or something like that. I walk briskly towards the main campus in search of something to occupy my time with, and of course, I trip. My camera tumbles to the ground and I scrape my hands. "Shit!" A deep voice behind me chuckles. Shit. I turn and see Jefferson kneel beside me and pick up my poor camera. "Are you alright Miss?" "Yeah, just practicing my falling skills... Still got'em." He glances me over. I feel chills on my neck, something about him tells me to run the other way. But everything else invites me in. "You're bleeding F/N... There should be a first aid kit in my classroom, and also some supplies to fix this." He says holding up my camera. "No Mr. Jefferson it's fine I can manage... Does the camera still work?" He gently runs his fingers over the buttons and checks it. "Fortunately yes, however I would recommend tightening the screws, especially if you intend to practice falling with this in the future." I nod and laugh. He places my camera strap over my head and offers me a hand up. "Thank you so much, sorry I'm so clumsy..." I look at my shoes and straighten my leggings. "No, it's quite alright Miss L/N, I rather enjoy helping you up and to places, you give off a pleasant vibe." He smiles at me warmly. Fuucckk. He's hot. But my hands are starting to hurt a bit. I sneak a peak at them and they are slightly worse than I let on to Mr. Jefferson. Unfortunately, he sees my feeble attempt at hiding my hands. He takes my hand from my jacket pocket and looks at it "Come with me to my classroom, I'm worried to leave you alone. Clumsy." He smirks at me and pulls me along towards the building as he did the day before. We get to his room and he motions to the desks for me to sit. I hop on the one by the window and wait for him. He walks over to a cabinet and grabs a white box with a cross on it, tucks it under his arm and grabs another, unlabeled box. He struts calmly to my seat and sets everything down and begins to clean my hands. In a few seconds he starts wrapping my hands firmly and I can't stop thinking about the way his hands are gripping mine. I slowly drift into thoughts of him and I, distracting, unnecessary thoughts. "Miss." "F/N." Jefferson states. Jarring my thought process. "Huh? Oh thank you. Sorry I was just... thinking." "That's completely alright F/N, you seemed very concentrated, I can only hope that translates well into my class." "You and me both mister." I say with a slight laugh. He smiles and coughs. Getting up. "I should let you get to class now Miss L/N, your first day, you do not want to be late." He is glancing away from me, almost as if... he's avoiding looking at me? He turns his attention back to me and helps me off of the desk and towards the door. "See you in fourth period F/N." He says as I back out. "Yeah, see you later Mr. Jefferson, thanks again!" He waves me off and I continue with my day.
First period, history; second, science; third theatre, and fourth, photography. The day passes considerably quickly, most people are talkative and trying to scope out the new kid, it's nice. Finally the bell for fourth rings and I walk towards Jefferson's room, anxiously and excitedly. His eyes greet me as I walk in but soon dart back into his conversation. I take the seat beside Kate at the window, she's the first person I met at Blackwell, very sweet, kinda sad though. The bell rings. "Alright class!" Jefferson exclaims. "I hope your weekends were fun! However, I hope, you have all completed the assigned reading on exposure and lighting..." Jefferson drones on excitedly, pulling everyone's attention with his passion for photography. The class is over in what feels like a few minutes. " ... And one last thing before the bell takes you all away... we have the Everyday Heroes Contest deadline approaching, I fully expect each of you to give it a shot. The winner will fly to San Francisco with me to see their art displayed in a gallery and it will be a great start for each of your careers..." The bell rings. Jefferson looks at me and begins to walk over when a blonde with short hair cuts him off. "Ahh Victoria, pleasant weekend I hope?" Jefferson says, seeming somewhat frustrated. "Yes, I hope yours was nice as well! I took a few photos out in town, I was hoping you could give me perspective on some of them?" She says leaning in. "Well of course, I'm always happy to help a young photographer." He says with his sweet and reserved smile. He glances quickly at me and begins looking at Victoria's photos. I gather my things and begin to get up to leave. "Hey you're the new girl right?" Says a girl with short brown hair to my right. "I'm Max, I think my room is next to yours, nice music choice this morning..." she says smiling. "Lol, sorry about that, I'll keep it down next time. I just love Van Halen, they were such an influential band for 80's rock." I quipped, hoping silently she didn't think I was hot for the photography teacher. "No no feel free to play awesome tunes anytime man, we should hang out sometime, but I gotta get going, later!" She says waving and walking off. I turn to leave. " Oh F/N wait!" Jefferson calls. He steps away from Victoria and motions me to him. "F/N, so glad I caught you, I was hoping to hear from you on the everyday heroes contest. You're new here and I think it would be an excellent opportunity to introduce yourself at Blackwell. What do you think?" He says with that charming smirk. "Uhhh yeah. Yeah definitely. I don't have many photos here yet though, most of my stuff is from back home in North Carolina. A lot of older stuff actually..." I say awkwardly while Victoria glares down at me. "Well that's alright. Anything you deem fitting for the contest should definitely be submitted. This could be wonderful for you F/N, and I do hope you throw your best at it. Feel free to stop by my class anytime for input, I'm always happy to help young artists in their journey." I smile. "Thanks Mr. Jefferson. I will see what I can do, I might not have anything that truly suits the contest. I kind of have selective tastes with my work." "Well that is also alright too F/N, I believe it is John Lennon who once said Life is what happens while you're busy making plans. The perfect shot may not have anything to do with the contest, making plans for it may result in a better, different shot for you. Whatever you decide, is okay, I just really hope you come around to submitting a photo." He says smiling and returning to his conversation with Victoria. I turn to leave and head out the door. I don't see it, but his eyes follow me out.