Chapter 14

Amanda's pov

"Can I talk to you?" I told him in a serious tone and before he can even reply I spoke "I'll just put Eric for a nap. Wait in the living room...Please" and then I went upstairs.

^after a few moments^

I'm walking downstairs and thinking, should I tell him? Well I told him I wanted to talk right? Ughh forget it. I saw Simon sitting on the couch with two glasses of wine. I need stronger than that, I thought to myself

"What's wrong babe?"

"Did Lauren did or say something to you?"

"Are you ok?" he asks me.

I let out a sigh and spoke, "Well, before the other concerning things I have in mind, I want to ask you a question."

"What is this?" I asked him. and he gave me a frown "What do you mean?" he asked me

"this!" motioning to us, "US. What is this?!" I spoke a little loudly. My breath was uneven and I'm starting to panic now. Great Amanda!

I was expecting him to scream and tell me that I'm acting like a fool but what he did is unexpected. He grabbed my face gently, so I can look into his eyes and told me softly "Hush love, breath." and he helped me breath for awhile and he continued.

"This, us. I mean it. I love you Mandy. I don't know where is this coming from but I mean this Amanda, I will fight for us. and this time I won't let you go. I will protect our family." WOW. This man! I love him more now, I mean less pain. I guess?

I'm speechless. I was about to question him more but he kissed me. I kissed him back shortly after I pulled away to whisper "I love you Simon" and he smiled from ear to ear "I love you too Mandy" he told me and we hugged each other. We stayed like that for a few moments when he spoke "Now that we cleared one problem out. What's next?" he asked me cheekily. I let out a nervous laugh and turned to look at him.

"Well...TherewasthisthreatsthatImgettingandtheykeptmeawakefordaysnowandIsawChrisawhileagointheparkwithEricandhe'ssayingsorryandstufflikethat. I mean I don't know what to do" I spoke fast. real fast. I guess I was really nervous huh?

I looked at Simon and he looks so shock and he laughed a little bit and said, "Honey,calm down. I didn't catch any of what you said." I looked at him in the eyes and started to speak slowly this time.

"I get threats?" I looked at him worried while saying it. and he looked shookt.

"and-" I was about to say something when he interrupted "WHAT? Since when? Why didn't you say anything?" Now's my time to calm him.

"Darling, let me finish first, ok?" I told him while trying to calm him. And he let out a 'ok' whisper

"As I was saying, I got my first threat when I heard about our daughter. and it went on as we were getting close." Looking at Simon, he's really mad now. I sighed and continued

"And then, awhile ago I brought Eric to the park and we saw Chris, I-i just can't! He kept saying sorry for what he had done before but Simon, I just can't" and I let out a sob. Simon is the only person who knew. He hugged me tightly while trying to keep me calm. Whispering comforting words.

'Flashback'

After the incident with Chris, Amanda went to her favorite place and didn't realize she won't be alone. As she took her first steps at the "fake" grave of her daughter, she saw Simon sitting. Simon looked behind him and saw Amanda's ripped clothes and bruises starting to show. He panicked and stood up to examine her injuries.

Amanda stood still while Simon is checking up on her. "Mandy..." Simon said and for that he hugged him tight and sobbed against him.

"Si-simo-n..Ch-chri-s" That's the only word Simon need to hear to know what happened.He's so mad but he can't do anything about it because he can't leave Amanda just like that.

After a few minutes and Amanda calmed down. She told the whole story to Simon. Simon filed a case to Chris but that was just temporary. What money can do right?

'End of flashback'

They snuggled up together and didn't noticed they fell asleep. Until they heard Baby Eric cried.