15. I Hate Surprises!

I'm here.

I look at the text as a wave of nervousness washes over me.

"We'll be fine," Clove assures me, fixing her hair.

"You mean you'll be fine, I'll be nervous wreck," I say quickly.

"No you wont! You'll be fine. I promise," Clove says.

"Bet on it?" I ask, arching an eyebrow.

"30 bucks," she says confidently.

"Looks like mama gon score some money today," I say, rubbing my hands together as I walk to the door.

"Oh shut up," Clove says with a teasing smile as we walk out.

I immediately notice the car and walk over, sitting in the passenger seat while Clove sits next to Jack in the back seat.

"What are we doing?" I ask.

"It's a surprise," Daniel says with a smirk.

"I hate surprises!" Clove exclaims.

"You'll like this one," Jack says, smirking.

"I feel like I should trust you on that," Clove says with a smile.

"You really should," Daniel says with a chuckle as he pulls out of the driveway.

"Kay," I say, starting to play some songs.

~~

"WE COULD BE FREE WE COULD BE FREE!" We all sing in chorus as the car rolls to a stop.

"What is this place?" I ask skeptically, looking through the windshield to see nothing but black and a couple of distant lights.

"It's a beautiful place," Daniel says, getting out of the car.

I get out to, sharing a skeptical glance with Clove.

"It seems more like a pit of darkness to me," Clove says truthfully.

"That's cause we haven't showed you the best part yet," Jack says, grabbing Clove's hand as her face lights up.

I'm led through the darkness until my feet hurt a little. I see some bright lights ahead, in a cluster of trees and think that's where we're headed. We finally stop in the middle of the light and I stare at it in awe. I slowly turn around as I take in the scene.

The big white screen.
The red and white picnic blanket.
The lights strung around the area.
The entrancing figures dancing on the shadows of the slightly moving leaves.

"This is for us?" Clove asks breathily.

"Yeah," Daniel says, sharing a look with Jack. "Yeah it is."

Sorry for the short chapter! At least I updated! Sorry for the lack of updates! I'm just more worried about About Time because it's 17 in fanfiction, go check it out... if you haven't already from the MULTIPLE times I've told you.

Oh well, thanks for reading! Vote and comment!