True Loves Kiss

"I've waited a long time for this

"I've waited a long time for this."

At Noon the next day was when Harry Hook would lose his head. He was moved down to one of the cells, where he spent the night - a guard standing post on either side of his cell door making it impossible to break out or for anyone to break in.

Harry hadn't slept a wink - how was he going to get out of this one? Cheney had his claws in Artemis, deep and he didn't think there was anything he could do at this point. How was he supposed to get close enough to kiss her without Cheney stepping in? And he didn't think there was any other way out of this execution other than convincing Artemis to spare him.

Harry, who had been leaning against the wall and starring out the small, barred window, slowly turned to see Cheney standing just outside his cell door. Cheney's face held a wide, Chesire grin while Harry's was wiped of any emotion.

"Leave us," Cheney motioned, and like the trained soldiers they were, the two guards marched down the hall, leaving the two boys alone. Cheney dragged the hook he'd confiscated across the bars loudly before hooking it around the bar with a taunting smirk. "Are you ready to die, Harry Hook?"

"I should be asking you that, Cheney Cat." He hit both hands against the bars with a loud rattle, but Cheney didn't even flinch. "I'll get out of here and I'll make sure ya wish you'd taken my head years ago when ya had the chance."

"Maybe. But, you're the one in the cage, and I'm the one wearing the crown." He winked, turning on his Van covered feet to head down the Hall. "Guards! Prepare the prisoner for execution, it's almost time."

"Finders keepers, losers weepers." The guards lining the walls sang together.

He laughed darkly, his voice seeming to echo off the walls like a cliche Villain in the movies. "Welcome to the end of eras, Ice has melted back to life. Done my time and served my sentence, dress me up and watch me die. If it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine," He sang, dragging his nails across the painted portrait of Artemis Hatter and leaving three claw marks across her porcelain face.

"Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight and if you don't know now you know. I'm taking back the crown," He hopped up onto the throne, standing on the plush red cushion as he stared around at the throne room. It would soon be his.

He grabbed the Queen's red cloak and hooked it around his shoulders with a flourish. "I'm all dressed up and naked. I see what's mine and take it."

"Finders keepers, losers weepers."

"The crown, so close I can taste it," he dropped down into the seat, dancing his feet across the floor. "I see what's mine and take it."

"Finders keepers, losers weepers."

He pushed out of the seat and let the cloak flap around him as he took off across the room. "Sycophants on velvet sofas, lavish mansions, vintage wine. I am so much more than royal, snatch your chain and mace your eyes." He tapped the guards shoulder and when his back was turned he snatched the crown off the stand and kept walking.