December 1, 2017

Dear Belinda,

The school day seemingly left faster than it came. When I walked outside, I was hit with gray clouds and white snowflakes.

I was ready to trek through the snow and make it home with only a bit of frostbite, but I froze in place. It wasn't from the freezing temperatures, but the cold stare you were sending my way as you put your phone in your pocket and walked away.

I didn't even consider the fact that I would be standing outside longer as I rushed towards you. When I caught up with you, another dirty glance was sent my way. It hurt, but I knew I deserved it.

I told you I knew I was an ass for what I did 2 weeks ago and that you didn't deserve to be hurt like you were. When you didn't say anything, I just finished with a simple, "I'm sorry."

The phrase definitely struck a nerve with you because you stopped in your tracks and incredulously repeated, "You're sorry?" You asked me if I even cared about you and I couldn't help, but furrow my eyebrows at the question. Nevertheless, I answered with a "Yes."

You proceeded to make clear to me that a simple "Sorry" wasn't going to cut it. Tears were streaming down your red cheeks and I was so tempted to wipe them away, but of course, kept my distance.

I told you I didn't know what to do. I told you I couldn't make you feel like a princess like a Prince Charming would. I told you I couldn't give you the sun and the moon and the stars like you wanted. I told you that I would never be able to live up to your standards no matter how high or low they were set. I just didn't know what to do to make you happy like I wanted you to be.

A tearful smile appeared on your face as you walked closer to me. For the second time in less than a month, I was fazed by your close proximity to me. I bit my lips shut as you reached up and brushed your cold hand against my cheek. I realized that you brushed away a tear, but your hand still lingered.

My heart rate picked up as you leaned in and your lips touched mine. It felt like the heaviness that I never realized was weighing on my heart just disappeared in the moment.

Unlike our first kiss, this one stayed innocent and light. It felt like you were treating me as if I was brittle; if you applied too much force, I would fall to pieces.

I pulled you closer, deepening the kiss so you knew that you didn't have to handle me like I was your fine china.

Despite the freezing temperature, I felt warm with you. I felt like you were my protective blanket, hugging me, making me feel comfy and safe in your embrace.

In that moment, I wanted to tell you I loved you, but that would have only drawn you away. That was most definitely the last thing I needed after I had just got you back.

So we stood in the snow - your forehead against mine - in comfortable silence.

Sincerely,

Delilah

Excuse the lateness of this chapter; I was at a job/college fair and barely got any sleep. Also, on mobile, does there appear to be a copy of some of the chapters? As always, thoughts and comments are always accepted and be sure to vote if you liked this letter.

--TG123