chapter four

//in normal bodies//
I sat in Taehyung's living room as he got dressed. I kept thinking on how we changed back. I'm back in my body.

I saw Taehyung coming in from the doorway and he sat next to me on the couch. "You don't know what happened, do you?" I asked.

"No clue," he played with his fingers. "Maybe it was a one day thing?" He questioned. I shrugged. I hope so.

"What do we do now, Tae?" I raised my eyes to meet his actual eyes, not mine.

"I guess we can live our normal lives now. I'm not sure." I looked down to the ground.

"Will we still talk?" He moved my chin for me to face him.

"Of course, (Y/N). We're not like we were before." He assured me. I gently smiled at him.

"Good. I'm happy we aren't."
-
After that, I had gone home. My mom was out that morning so I didn't have to sneak in or make something up to not have her yell at me too much.

I had 20 minutes to get ready for school so I threw on the uniform and put my hair up in a quick, messy bun. I ran to get my bag and out the door towards school.

I let out a loud sigh and looked up to the blue sky. I could stop thinking about the switch. I'm still confused on why it happened and why we switched back.

My thoughts were interrupted but I loud car honk next to me. I jumped in surprise and looked at the source of the sound. "(Y/N)!" It was Hana, "let me give you a ride to school."

I smiled at her, "Thanks, Hana."
-
We stood at the gates to the school together. Back to normal. Everything was okay.

We both made our way to our lockers. "Hey (Y/N), are you feeling better after what happened yesterday?" Hana asked.

I gulped, "y-yeah, I am! Sorry I didn't sleep well that night and I guess that made my head hurt." That was true for that night's sleep but maybe not for last night's sleep. The thought of Tae and I cuddling to sleep in bed together last night made me blush.

"Take care of yourself!" Hana huffed out. She ran ahead to get to her locker. "Do you think you'll come to practice then?"

I swiftly put in my combination, "yes I think I'll be able to,"I took out my math books and pulled them close to my chest. "Well," I pulled out my phone,"five minutes left to class. I'll see you later Hana."

She let out a laugh and smiled at me. "Bye, (Y/N)!" She disappeared into the ocean of students in the hall.

I spun around and made my way out of the hall. I waved at Hoseok when I saw him walking to class with his friend, Namjoon since they had chemistry together. I looked back at the pathway, but instead saw a chest in front of me. We collided into each other.

"Oh sorry," I stepped back and looked up at the person. "Taehyung! Hey." I felt my cheeks heat up out of embarrassment.

He chuckled deeply. "Hey, (Y/N). What class are you headed to?" He said cutely.

"Math class," I fixed the top of my hair, "and you?"

"I have to go to English class." He held a annoyed look on his face once English class was brought up.

I laughed, "still terrible in English?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Not funny, (Y/N)!" He stomped his foot on the ground and crossed his arms. He even had a pout. I could only laugh harder.

"We'll make sure you pay attention! And focus on pronunciation. We don't want another incident like when you incorrectly pronounced beach." He dropped his sad expression and morphed it into a playful one.

"No one corrected me, you didn't correct me until I had said it so many times!" He exclaimed.

I thought back to that time. I was when we were first friends. We had gone to the beach to hang out and he kept pronouncing beach wrong from mid-day to sunset. He was a little mad but forgot about it the moment he got his revenge by threatening to throw me into the ocean. Playfully, of course.

"I should get going, Tae," I looked at my phone. Two minutes until class. He patted my head and messed up the hair I had fixed from bumping into him.

"Right, see you later." He grinned.
-
I walked out of the dressing room and into the dance practice room. Hana was stretching in the middle of the room, and Hobi was sitting with Taehyung and helping him with some homework.

I walked over to Hana and joined he in her stretching. "Are you and Taehyung cool now?" She whispered over to me.

"I don't know. I think so." I whispered back. She moved her head to the right with a confused look on her face. We both started to stretch our left calves.

"How? I thought you practically hated him like two days ago?" We switched to our right calves. I shook my head.

"I didn't say I hated him. I was just frustrated, okay." I explained myself. She smirked at me. We started to stretch out arms.

"Or maybe there is more to your story?" I looked at Hana with wide eyes.

"W-what? No! Nothing's happening. Just reconciliation between two old friends." I laughed awkwardly.

"You know, (Y/N) (L/N), you're an amazing dancer and friend but, you're a terrible liar." She laughed.

"Okay girls! Time to practice, get in position." Hobi yelled out to us and started to set up the stereo.

"And (Y/N)?" I looked at Hana, waiting for her to say what she was going to say. "It's obvious something is happening because Taehyung is always looking over here and it's not because of me." She smiles innocently at me and I just want to wipe that smile off of her.

"Let's go!" Hoseok yells just as the track started.
-
A note:
Hello! I'm sorry for the wait again, I have a really busy school life and there has been a natural disaster where I live that's been taking up a lot of my time. I hope to update sooner!
-elle

Did you like it? Let me know!