chapter eleven

3rd person POV

*flashback*

Taehyung was new at school. It was his 2nd year of high school at a new school so it already wasn't very cheerful. On top of that, he had just gotten settled into his new apartment.

He didn't have many friends since he was moved. Taehyung knew that this wasn't the only reason that he wasn't happy. He used to be a very extroverted social butterfly at his old school. Always out with friends and he did have one girlfriend before coming here. He cried once they lost touch over the summer.

Taehyung had just recently gotten his new apartment which meant he had just recently disappointed his parents as he saw it. The fact that he did such a thing to his parents hurt him to the point of silence.

He only spoke when the teachers called on him or he absolutely had to. His head was always down, always remembering what he did wrong.

Lunch time was terrible. Yeah, there's food to eat but he would have to sit in the cafeteria where people usually sit with friends.

Taehyung would be lying if he said that he didn't feel envy as he watched friends talk and laugh together. Why couldn't he just talk? Why does he have to feel this way?

So he sat in a corner of the cafeteria alone. Eating alone was a trend that continued for two whole months. Silence was a trend for two whole months. At least he had kept up his grades.

It was a windy day in October that (Y/N) had talked to Taehyung. He could remember that day perfectly. (Y/N), on the other hand, forgot how the two met and that was often joked about later on.

Taehyung remembered his day like this:
- boring math class. They learned about trigonometry but Taehyung already learned that concept.
- fun art class! Learning about elements in art.

Then it was lunch. It was a perfect routine by this point. Taehyung would grab lunch, buy a drink from the vending machine, and then he would sit at his table. His table. No one really sat there for whatever reason but Taehyung. As he approached the table, two other bodies occupied the space.

He sat at the table next to that one. There's no need to ask for the table. He didn't want to speak up so he let it happen.

"I'm so happy, Hana!" The girl with the (H/L) (H/C) mused with a smile Taehyung could only call beautiful. The other girl, Hana, clapped her hands excitedly. Her then dyed blonde hair bouncing up as she jumped in her seat.

"Me too! It still feels unreal, we won our first competition." Hana smiled happily then took a bite out of the hamburger that was served.

Taehyung listened to the conversation not to be nosy but since there was nothing to do but homework. Well, maybe, he was a little nosy. He wrote on his journal then looked up to see (Y/N) meeting his eyes. He blushed and looked down at the notebook.

He heard soft whispers but didn't dare to look up. "Hey, you sit here right?" He heard a soft voice. Hesitatingly, Taehyung looked up at (Y/N)'s eyes looking at him curiously.

"Yeah, yeah I usually sit there." Hana's permanent smile made him feel welcome.

"Why didn't you tell us? Are you shy?" Hana piped up. Taehyung shrugged but that kind of answered the questions. "To bad, you're kinda cute." (media) Taehyung's cheeks burst into a red flame.

"Hana!" (Y/N) hit Hana's shoulder.

"What? It's true!" She stuck out her tongue. She saw Taehyung's face and sighed, "don't worry. I don't want to date you."

Taehyung didn't know if he didn't get know whether to be relived or slightly offended. "No way she will. She's a aromantic baby." Hana beamed as (Y/N) hugged her. Taehyung understood and nodded his head.

"Do you want to sit with us?" Hana proposed. Taehyung couldn't bare to say no so he just nodded again and moved his things to the table. "Come on! Don't you have something to say?"

"Hana! Calm down! He doesn't have to always be talking like you always are," (Y/N) scolded Hana. She turned to Taehyung with soft eyes and calm voice, like a flip of a switch. "You don't have to push yourself. Stay at your comfort zone until you want to try to leave it."

It was something about the way she talked then and would talk now that interested Taehyung. Her way of being, her aura, and her calming words just brought Taehyung to peace. Maybe that was were he went wrong. Maybe he should have never agreed to sit at that table that day. Maybe things would have been different. Maybe things wouldn't have turned out like they did.
-
A note:
Hello friends! I want to explain the friendship between the two so I decided to write a flashback chapter. They're going to be more spread out through the story but they might be shorter. I hope you don't mind and Taehyung looks like the media in the time this takes place.

Btw Hana is aromantic which means she feels no romantic attraction towards anyone. I wanted to bring more awareness to aromantics and everyone under that umbrella term (acesexual, demisexual, panromantic, etc.) since they don't really have much representation and it's part of the plot.
xo
-elle.