chapter twenty

Hana's eyes moved from my face to Taehyung's face in a suspicious glance. She made her way to the vanity, sitting on top. There was a moment of silence. I looked over at Taehyung, his face looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"So, we kind of switched," I bit my lip as my words slowly rolled off my tongue. "We switched bodies." I restated.

Hana tilted her head to the side. "What? Are you guys joking or something?" She rolled her eyes. "It's not funny." Hana crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's not a lie," Taehyung spoke up. "(Y/N) and I switched bodies. I'm actually Taehyung." He tried to explain. Hana just furrowed her eyebrows.

"Can I get some proof? This is just- how can that even happen?" She brought her hands out in front of her.

"I'm not completely sure how it happened but I can prove it." I said sternly to Hana. She nodded her head and gestured for me to prove it.

I moved off the couch to a clear spot in the dressing room. With a small breath before I started, I began at the first stance of the dance we were presenting, showing Hana the first few moves. If I was lying, how would I know the moves.

"Did (Y/N) teach you this?" Hana wore a cute pout on her face as she thought over how this could be possible. "But that looked as good as (Y/N) normally dances." She muttered through her pout.

"Hana," I moved closer to her, grabbing her by the shoulder. "It's me. I'm (Y/N)." She looked up at me and gulped.

"What? This can't be real. What about the show? How come you didn't tell me earlier? We could have dropped out!" Hana raised her voice at me. Her facial features, which usually were soft, were sharp.

"We just thought it would be better this way." Taehyung said quietly. He didn't know what to do, what to say.

"I didn't want to drop out. There's going to be scouts here. It's a good opportunity for both of us, Hana." I explained.

"I see," she brushed my hand off of her shoulder and jumped back on to the vanity. "You could have told me, I'm your best friend. Aren't I?" Her voice cracking at the last sentence.

"Of course, Hana," she focused her attention on her hands. She pulled on her fingers gently.

"Please don't lie to me. I know that I haven't been in the best place lately. Just don't-" Hana brought her hands to her face, covering it. Her body shook as she cried silently into her hands.

Taehyung stood up at the sight. He moved to my side. I looked at him. He gave me a reassuring look and placed his hand on the small of my back.

"Hana," I grabbed her wrists and pulled on them gently. "Hana, please tell me what's wrong." She let me move her hands down to her lap.

"It's a long story. It's really not that big of a deal." She wiped her tears away.

"Hana. It's a big deal if your crying over it. Tell me-" I looked over at Taehyung. "Tell us and we'll help you."

"It's just I'm not happy right now," her eyes stuck to the carpeted floor, not daring to look up. "Ever since Taehyung left, my worries got worse."

Taehyung tensed up next to me. "Do you know what she's talking about, Tae?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. He nodded silently. I was a little mad at him but I knew that now wasn't the time to let it out.

"I told him about my worries," she brought her hands up to wipe her tear-stained face. "Then he left. Why did you do that, Taehyung?" Hana thought out loud.

"I-I was selfish. I shouldn't have left," his voice shaking as he spoke. "I was selfish."

"Hana?" I took hold of her hands, intertwining them with mine. She looked up from the floor into my eyes. "Why didn't you tell me? Why don't you tell me?"