Cronenburgh

"It's fucking hot" Rasher groans as we step from the air conditioned dome into the sweltering desert.

  "Is it, I haven't noticed" I say sarcastically and get my arm slapped for it.

   Looking around I notice that Scholar, Grace and Barbie are no where to be seen.

  "I told them to stay right here, does no one listen to me" I say scowling

   "This might explain things" I hear Rasher say and look over and see he's holding barbies journal, and has flipped it to the back page.

   "To Slink and Rasher,

  Someone from a nearby town called Cronenburgh saw us sitting out here and asked if we needed help, at first we said we were waiting for someone and couldn't leave, and he offered to sit with us.. he smelled strange, after awhile we all realized how famished we were and decided to go with him, I hope you find the town, sorry for leaving, but the man drew a map on here as well, Arthur said it was ok to leave this here for you"

     Love The Scholar Xx"".

I groan as Rasher finished reading the note left by the Scholar.

"It seems they found their way to shit town" Rasher says closing the book with a thud.

"And Barbie worked on his separation anxiety with his diary" I say dryly and Rasher chuckles and puts the book in his coat.

"Shall we" I ask handing him one of the two gas masks that I pull from my coat.

  "We shall baby" Rasher says taking the gas mask.

   We start walking as the ground starts to shake around us.

    "Slink" a voice says and I immediately know who it is, the scar.

      "I'm busy right now can we have this conversation later" I say putting a hand on Rashers back to assure him all will be okay.

      "No this cannot wait" says the voice as a woman appears before me,  a tall dark woman, whose wearing a long red robe with black trimmings, her long white hair reaching almost to her feet, her long red horns that curve off her head and down the length of her hair and curl upwards at the bottom.

     "Anyway if your done gawking at me Julian, when we allowed you to go to the mortal surface it was to help hell take over" she says.

      "And I did I made sure the scar opened up and made a gateway to hell, I even infiltrated into heart".

     "And now you seek to go against us?"

    "Not you Heart.. they've fucked with me to long and have tried to take away things.. people I love" I say looking at Rasher.

   "And what of the soul you just lost us"?

   "Really, your this pissed about Akis mom... she's done us a great service I think she deserved a vacation"  I say and watch as she rubs her temple and sighs.

   "Fine I will let that go but what of CronenBurgh are you planning on taking that down as well"?

    I look her in the eyes and am about to say yes but decide better of it, if it wasn't for her I would've been stuck in my demon hole forever.

     "Fine I will just get my..."

     "Lovers and leave" Rasher finishes for me and I look at him and tip my hat.

    "Fine" she says to me then turns to Rasher.

   "Take care of him" and with that she vanishes.

   "Old lover?" Rasher asks.

   "My mother".

  "She seems lovely".

  "She is".

  "Shall we go".

  "We shall" I say and we put on our gas masks and head to Cronenburgh. Where we are treated by two sickly mutant girls trying to sell us lemonade, I pull out my knives and are about to skewer them when I remember my mothers words and just keep going.

  I hear Rasher make a noise behind me, "later Rasher later" I say as I spot Grace, the Scholar and Barbie sitting on a grassy patch in the middle of the town, this time I make a noise and go over to them.

  Before a get to them the local preacher who is the only one not sick because he has a cure and isn't affected by the gas goes over to them and talks to them about who knows what and they start getting up to go with him.

   "Leaving already? But I just got here" I say dramatically and loudly.

  They all turn and look at me.

  "Why are you wearing that" Grace says making a face.

   "Oh this old thing..."

   "You don't need that anymore love" Rasher says cutting me off, I look at him and he points to the cement truck that's actually doing its job.

    "Oh ok" I say and take it off, hoping my mother isn't paying attention to him right now.

   "Don't push things Julian" I hear whispered in my ear.

   Well supposedly she is, well she didn't kill me so we're good for now I tell myself.

  I watch the expressions on their faces change as they see this shit town for what it is. I look around as the towns people gather as the the pain and agony wash over them as they realize them and their neighbors are all dying.

   "Well now we all our miserable" I murmur as the others follow me out of the town letting its people deal with its priest that has fed them lies as they see fit.

   When we get to the edge of town I see Graces car cleaned and ready to go. Obviously mother isn't to mad at me.

    "Please end their misery" scholar says and I look at him and follow his eyesight to the two girls, pulling out my blades I do just that.

    "Well shall we go get barbie's Ken" I say sheathing my knives.

    "His names not ken it's Christopher" Arthur says.

    "No I'm pretty sure it's ken" I say.

    "I'm not sure either of you will be alive to see anyone" Grace groans as she looks over at her car as I toss her the keys.

   She glares at me, and opens the door "are you coming or not asshole" she says.

"Oh I am, and I brought my world famous mixtape" I say giddily getting into the car, sitting in the middle in the back between Rasher and Scholar. 

  "Now to Heart enterprises" I say coldly.