Awakening

"This trip seems to be taking longer than I thought, did you follow my directions?" I ask Grace for the third time.

This must have been the tipping point because right after the words came out of my mouth she slammed on the breaks.

"Slink I swear to god if you ask me that one more time I will skewer you" she growls.

"Testy aren't we" I say in a dramatic voice.

"That's it I'm killing him" Grace says and tries to climb in the back to kill me.

"Grace calm down, like it or not for now he is part of the team, the team that is going save Christopher and that Aki girl he likes, and is going help us get revenge on heart" Barbie says

"Thank you that succubus is out of control" I grumble.

"Shut up asshole"

"Says the fucking douche bag of a cop" I say.

"Why don't we just get going" Scholar says everyone just kind of makes a noise of agreement.

"I would love too but we seem to need to refuel" she says and looks back at me with a devils grin.

I make an annoyed face, but not at her at the fact my mother couldn't even take the time to fuel the car, and with that thought the ground starts shaking.

"What the hell is going on?" Barbie says.

"I would say it's Slinks mom" Rasher says chuckling.

"What..

"No matter just pop the lid and get out of the car" I say and am happy when I hear no complaints as we all get out on shaky ground.

After awhile the shaking stops.

"What the hell was Rasher talking about? And why did you have us open the hood?" Grace asks stalking over to me, just as my mother pops into view smack between us, her back to Grace.

"Grace and Co. meet my mother Shandril, Demon, keeper of the scar".

"Former keeper of the scar, a higher demon took it from me while I was dealing with your impudence now we are all in shit" she growls.

I just looked at her, I didn't know anyone who would mess with my mother aside from myself.

"Get your business with Heart taken care of so we can get to what's important" she continues before I even have a chance to open my mouth.

"We would but we're a little dry" I say indicating the car with a grin.

She gives me a stern look "must I do everything for you my son" she says as the car starts up on its own.

The others jump a little as my mother gracefully walks past them and pricks her finger and drips a couple drops of her blood in the engine.

"That will last you for years" she says to Grace, her face softening a bit.

"Don't blame yourself, karma has a way of going after itself" she says.

"What do you mean?"

"That sometimes a person is responsible for their own downfall".

"I'm glad he has you and the others in his life, especially since things are going get even harder for you all" she says giving me a look before disappearing.

"I'll meet you there" I here whispered on the wind and I smile, mother is so much like me deadly one minute loving the next. I think to myself.

I look at Grace who is still standing there dumbfounded not sure what to make of all that just happened and all that was said.

I feel a hand slide into mine and I look over to see the Scholar standing by me.

Letting go of his hand I pull him close and kiss him passionately, my nails digging into his back, as our kiss deepens I can feel the heat and need forming around us.

"As much as I want to watch this I think we should get going" Grace says and I can tell by her face how turned on she is. And from the look on Barbie and Rashers face they are too.

Part of me just wanted to say fuck Heart let's Fuck, but I knew we didn't have the time, and the emotions playing across Graces face, and even Barbies tells me it's time we got moving.

Obviously Rasher and The scholar felt their pain as well, as Rasher went to hug Grace and Scholar hugs Barbie.

I smile and then clear my throat "well horny bastards shall we get going" I say cheerfully.

After some looks and grins, we all pile back into the car, as soon as we get settled in I pull Rasher and Scholar close as we head to one of the serpents layers hoping not to get bit.

It seemed like it took hours, but who knows, all of us so stuck in our own minds to talk or banter, which was to bad because as Grace stopped the car Infront of the building, I wish I had.

Getting out we all looked at the ominous sight that was Heart Enterprises, and just as promised, my mother stands not far from the car, her axe at her side.

I wave to her as Grace pops the trunk and starts unloading all of her weapons, distributing them between herself, Barbie, Rasher and The scholar as I pull out my knives.

And we all head to the front door.