6

I stop in front of Brown Tavern with Daniel beside me.

"You sure this is the place?" he asks me.

"Yeah! I can tell you're over 18, I'm 19 so we can go and fetch a drink or so."

He gulps. "Okay...?"

We walk in and the whole place was empty. The lights are on, shining a white-ish yellow onto the red walls. The windows are not smashed and it's very warm in here.

I take off my hoodie and tie it around my white shirt/around my waist and I sit down on one of the stools. Daniel sits next to me, tapping his fingers on the polished desktop.

"I'll take care of 'em," a deep male voice told someone from the back room.

A male with thin black hair like he has shaved it or something, Caucasian, stone grey eyes, clad black clothing (apart from his shoes. Those were brown) and around 6'1, a bit of facial hair is growing on the bridge of his mouth and a bit on his cheeks.

"Can I help you?" he asks us.

"The usual please, Adam," I say. I look at Daniel. "What do you want?"

"Just some water please."

"Two glasses of water with ice cubes in, please."

Adam walks to tap and runs the cold water into two glass cups, stopped and turned off the taps, strides to the freezer-thing and takes out 4 blocks of uneven ice cubes. He drops 2 in each cup and passes them to us.

"That'll be £1."

I hand him a £5 note and I receive my change within coins. I shove them in my pocket and I drink from my cup.

I place it down and look at Adam. "How's Ruben?"

"Always with Willow. As usual."

Daniel raises an eyebrow at me.

"Who's Ruben?!" he whispers.

"Adam's younger brother," I respond.

Daniel nods and carries on drinking.

"Who's this, Law?" Adam asks.

I scowl at him.

He knows I don't like being called Law but he does it to piss me off.

"Daniel Eaton. Running away from some kind of danger but I don't exactly know what from."

Adam raises his thick eyebrows and smiles. "Nice to see ya, Daniel."

Daniel put down his cup and opens his mouth but shuts it.

Adam stared down at him then looked directly at me. "Your friend seems a bit shy,"

I nod and look back at Daniel as he finishes off his drink.

"Do you want another refill?" I question him.

"I'm not allo-"

"In here you are. Trust me,"

He sighs and asks for another refill and Adam does what he said.

"Do you mind if I check on Ruben?"

Adam smirks. "Okay, but knowing him, he'd be curled up on his bed with Willow but Toboni-"

"Wait. Who's Toboni?"

Adam pulls a face and obviously, he was showing-

"Why don't yer wanna say?" Daniel asks.

Adam opened his mouth, stares at me then back at Daniel.

"Tell me: who. Is. Toboni?" I hammer the palm of my hands onto the bar and yell at the bartender.

He sighs. "She's was found on the streets, thin-clothed, and she was so... I don't know. Weak, I guess."

I frown and suddenly, I felt like that a few months ago. "Can I see her?"

Adam nods and leads me to behind the bar and leads me up to the stairs and we enter a room which contained beige paint on the walls, window with curtains on the left, dark blue carpet, an oak cabinet with a lamp onto it and a single bed.

But, on top of it was a girl with blonde hair cut short like what a boy would have, extremely pale skin, fairly thin for what an average human would look like, emerald eyes, black clothing to keep her warm and she was holding a pen but her hands were shaking when she puts the tip of her pen onto the paper in front of her.

She looks up at me and instantly relaxes.