Chapter Two

That night I lay on the couch and fall asleep. Around midnight I wake up to Mikey poking my face, sniffling. I look at him and ask if he had a bad dream again. He nods so I pick him up and scoot over so he can lay down with me. After a while, which seemed like forever, I look at him and see he is finally asleep. I pick him up and carry him to bed. I sit at the end of his bed, beside him and smile at him. I ruffle his hair gently and kiss his cheek.

I leave the room and head upstairs. I open Gerard's door and snuggle up against him. Then do I realize that Gerard is only in his boxers. I smile a little and cuddle him. I kiss him and wrap my arms around his waist. I see him smiling a little and then I fall asleep.

I wake around 9am. Gerard is getting dressed in his Burger King uniform. I sit up and rub my head trying to block out the light with my hand. Gerard comes by my side and whispers in my ear, "I'm going to work. I'll be back around 5." He kisses me slowly and I kiss back. "I love you." he says leaving. I sigh a bit, "I love you too." I hear the front door slam shut. I walk downstairs and into Mikey's room. I check to see if he's still asleep but instead he's up watching TV in his sponge-bob onesies. He sees me and immediately blushes. I smile a bit and sit on his bed. He gets up and sits on my lap. I lay my chin on his head as he lays back onto me, still watching the TV show.

I play with his fingers and see there are some cuts on them. I stare at them and he pulls his hands away. I realized that I had accidentally opened a little cut on his finger.

"What happened to your hand?" I say, sounding concerned.

"I fell when I was playing outside yesterday." He points out the window to where a play house is. I nod looking back at his hand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I say as he nods. I kiss his hand and he smiles a little. He looks up at me and hugs me giggling. I smile and turn him so he's facing me. I look at him and say, "Do you wanna go outside and play?" He smiles big and takes my hand and shows me outside. I laugh a little as he sits on one of the swings. I get behind him and push him so he goes high. He yells stop while laughing. I watch him go high as he starts to slow down a bit.

After playing for a while we go inside and I make him some breakfast. I have pancakes on a plate and I give him some. He glances at me and smiles. As he finishes, he puts his dish in the sink and sits on the couch. I sit by him. After watching some weird show about a kid who transforms into aliens to, apparently, save the world Mikey puts his hand on my lap. I look at him in a weird way and move his hand off my lap. I lean back on the couch and sit him on my lap. I wrap my hands around him as he leans back. I feel him sigh a little. I play with his hands a little and I feel a little tear hit my hand. I look at him and he's starting to cry as his bottom lip wobbles. I turn him to face me and he looks down crying silently. I lift his chin up and he looks away. I hug him and I can feel him crying. I rub his back and whisper to him, "Whats wrong?"

He wraps his arms around my neck and crys into my shoulder, "I-I heard my mom and d-dad fighting and s-she said she was going to l-leave him." He says stuttering and crying hard into my shoulder. I rub his back and pat it as he clenches hard onto me. I sigh and lean my head against his, "Listen to me Mikey. Your strong and if anything happens, I promise I will always be there okay?" I can feel him nod as he sniffles. After a while, like a little kid Mikey is, he falls asleep in my arms. I wipe his tear stained cheeks and carry him to bed. I lay him down and lay beside him staring at the wall. I pull him close to me and close my eyes. I slowly fall asleep with Mikey in my arms.

I wake up and and its about 30 minutes till Gerard gets off. Damn, was I really asleep that long? I get up and smooth Mikey's hair down, and kiss his head. I leave the room and yawn a bit. I head up to Gerard's room. I snoop around a bit, just curious of what he has in his room. I find some magazines under his bed; some band magazines and one porn magazine. I smirk and put it back. I go back downstairs. About 20 minutes later Gerard opens up the front door. He goes behind the couch and hugs me from behind. I smile and kiss him. He sees me grinning and questions my look. "Uh, what?" He says looking at me

"Nothing." I smirk and kiss him. He picks me up and runs up stairs and throws me on his bed. He sits on top of me and kisses me roughly. I smile and take off his tie. He pulls me closer, whispering sudductivly in my ear, "I love you."

I blush and whisper back, "I love you too." We end up making out for 10 minutes before Mikey comes bursting through Gerard's door. Gerard hops off of me and looks at Mikey, "What the hell Mikey! Ever heard of knocking?" Mikey looks at Gerard and quickly says, "I heard someone knocking on the front door. I don't know who it is." Gerard sighs and gets up. I follow him downstairs as he looks throught the little peep hole.

Gerard lets out a releif sigh and says to Mikey, "It's Ray, your stepbrother." Step Brother? Mikey nods and holds my hand as Gerard opens the door. Ray looks almost sad, as if something tragic happened. "Ray, whats wrong?" Gerard looks at him concerned a little. Ray looks down and sniffles, "Gerard... Mum and dad," he pauses for a slight moment and sees Mikey and pulls Gerard outside so they could talk in private. "Mum and dad, they're dead..." he says so quiet it's even hard for me to hear. My heart sinks as I see tears welling up in Gerard's eyes. I carry Mikey to his room.

Mikey looks at me with sad eyes, "What happened to my mom and dad?" I shake my head acting like I don't know. I pick him up and look into his eyes. I want to tell him but there's a part of me that doesn't want him to know. He looks down and I lift his chin up, "You have to be strong Mikey, ok?" he nods and I kiss his cheek. I can't tell if he's smiling or frowning right now from the way he's not looking at me. I sigh and put my forehead on his. He looks at me and a single tear rolls down his eyes. In the background I hear Gerard crying. I kiss Mikey's head and tell him to stay here. He nods and I leave the room and come to Gerard.

I hug Gerard close to me as he cries into my neck. I frown and kiss his head. I try to reassure him and tell him everything will be ok. He shakes his head disagreeing with me. I look at him in the eyes. I wipe his tears off his face carefully and kiss him, "Gerard, everything will ok.

"But," Gerard sniffles, "Im not okay." He looks down. I lift his chin up and kiss him slowly. He inhales a big breath and let's out a shaky breath.

I hug him one last time and whisper in his ear, "I love you Gerard, with all my heart. And no matter what happens, I am going to be there by your side." I kiss his ear and he smiles slightly.