Chapter 3

When he woke again, it was already time for work. Faintly remembering what happened last night. He rushed to hop in the shower and change into his work clothes. When he arrived at work he went to his desk and sat there staring blankly at his screen. Now things were coming in clear about last night, last night his friend came over and they watched a movie together and he fell asleep and when he woke up she was gone. His curiosity was going crazy. He had to find out why she left. He wasn’t mad, just curious. Is she alright? Did something happen? All of these thoughts flooding his head. He figured he would see her at lunch, he would just go to her room and ask her. Hour after hour he looked at his clock waiting… time was working against him. At lunch he ran to his friends room. He knocked and knocked and knocked. But she didn’t answer, fluttered he walked slowly back to his room with his head down. His heart almost felt broken, it was as if he felt there was a bond created yesterday and maybe it was all for nothing. As he walked back to his room he bumped in to someone not even noticing he looked up and shouted “HEY! WATCH IT!” But as soon as he said that the sooner he realized it was his friend! He gave her a hug the second he realized what he said. He continued to apologize and asked her why she left last night. She replied “Excuse me?” And he explained, “did something happen? Is everything alright?” And as if it were some kind of sick nightmare she denied ever even seeing him yesterday. “What are you talking about?” she asked and he replied “yesterday you came over and watched a movie with me in my room.” She told him that she was taking care of her grandma all of yesterday and it would be impossible for her to have been in two places at once. He could not comprehend what she was saying and was insulted as if she was completely blowing him off and as if nothing had ever happened. He was furious, he raised his voice saying “you mean to tell me we never laid in my bed watching a movie, you never told me that you never met anyone like me. All those things you said to me, they were for nothing?” She replied that she had no idea what he was talking about and she started to get creeped out. She told him that she had to go eat and get back to work. He didn’t say another word and walked into his room slamming the door…