Trailer Chapter: Sapphire Blood

Scars are your teachers, tears are your companions and pain is your friend, remember all of this and you’ll understand what suffering is.

As the sun sets the world of Remnant was covered by the black blanket of night, some people go home and rest, some stay at night and do the things they can’t while the sun is high in the sky while other use the black blanket of night as cover so others won’t be able see the things they do.

One of these people, a girl with long brown hair that reaches to her knees wearing a blue leather jacket and underneath it is a white V necked T-shirt. She’s also wearing a pair of shorts that has fur on the ends, a pair of knee length leather boots and a pair of crisscrossing belt at her waist that help hold in place a sheathe and a rectangular bladed contraption in place; is walking on a dark, poorly lit street.

Despite walking alone in the dead of night, the brunette did not show any discomfort or fear, one would say that this girl is one of the rebellious types of teen agers. While she traverse the dark pavement an alarm from a building not far from where the girl is sounded, not long after the alarm triggered, three figures run out of the building that sells Dust and disappeared in the darkness of the night.

But for some unknown reason, the brunette was able to follow the three figures with her gaze, she run towards the building to see what the figures did, and the obvious greeted her; racks for Dust crystals in disarray, Dust canisters empty and the cashier; a young gal thankfully alive but shaken.

After confirming that no one was hurt the brunette run and toward the last place she somehow saw the figures that robbed the Dust shop. It was an large dark alley, and in that dark alley groans can be heard, the moment that the brown haired girl turned to the alley she was filled with anger and disgust.

There she saw the three figures; one a well build man and the other one being that close to her age and frail is getting beaten by the man, he’s also being held by the last one, also a man with a good build. Near where the beating is being done are the evidence of the theft that just occurred; wanting to make her presence known the brunette shouted.

“Hey, you there! What the hell are you doing with that boy!”

The thieves heard the call and turned their heads to where the call originated, when they set eyes on the brunette they gave her different stares; the first one, the one that is beating the young man gave her an annoyed look as if she disturbed his dinner, the other one that is holding the boy up gave her a lewd stare, and lastly the young boy stared at her as if she was an angel that came to earth, but also with a mix of fear for her safety.

Without hesitation the girl again shouted at the male figures wearing black cloths with hoods.

“Stooping lower just after jumping low on the impression chart? Man you’re even more disgusting right now, I mean come on, you have good build, why not work as a laborer on factories?”

Hearing this the face of the one beating the young man contorted with anger but he stayed at where he is.

“You have sharp tongue there girl, if you don’t want to get hurt like this boy here scram while I still permit it.” The man said before readying his fist for another strike.

Before the man can unleash his strength, the brunette run to him and kneed him on his abdomen, despite the petite look of the girl, the force of the attack made the well build man to fold into himself like a paper, despite the man’s Aura being active it still knocked him out cold. The other one that was holding the boy released his grasp at the young man and charged at the brunette, he pulled out a knife and swiped at the young woman, he missed but still press forward on the attack, he tried to stab her but he failed again but this time the brunette retaliated, she kneed him on the same area as to the first one, the same results were attained.

The young woman then turn to where the boy was only to see that he’s escaping on the road limping as he does. Seeing this the girl stood there; her jaw hanging due to unmeasurable disbelieve.

“After I saved your hide, you would pay me by running away with the stolen stash! Come on, really?!”  The girl roared.

She then run after the limping boy who was surprisingly fast, when she caught him, she pinned him on a wall, when she set eyes on the young man’s face she was shocked; he was crying, his battered face stained with tears.

The boy straggled but somehow the girl overpowered him. The brunette stared at the boy’s face for a second trying to understand why he’s crying but the sirens local police force sounded in the air which made the two flinch. The brunette quickly whirl of her head she spotted the vehicles of the authorities, the boy thought that the girl would call for the  police but she instead grab his collar and pushed him to another alley but more narrower than before.

The brunette then unsheathe a large knife and raised the thin boy into the air, he thought that she’s going to kill him but instead stabbed the hood of his black jacket. She then ran out of the alley and called the attention of the police.

Hearing the voice of the young woman as she calls for the local authorities, the frail boy panicked and tried to wrench the large knife off the concrete wall, but he could not even make the thing budge a little. Because his focus was on the large weapon that’s keeping him from leaving he didn’t the noticed that the one that jammed the large knife on his jacket made her return but without anyone in tow. The brunette then spoke up.

“Yo, what’s your deal?” The girl asked which caught the attention of the panicking young man. It took him a second to respond.

“Why do you care anyway…” The young man said in reply as he avert his gaze from the girls red eyes.

“It’s not somebody as rich as you woul-“ He was cut in mid sentence by the brunettes sudden growl.

“Come on, you’re judging me just after conversing to me for a few seconds, I’m not rich, I’m not a spoiled brat either, and lastly, just because I wear these kind of cloths doesn’t mean that I am a person who don’t care what’s happening in the world around her.” As he said these words she wrenched the knife with ease which released the young man from bondage and returned him to the solid ground.

“Now tell me your story, by the looks on your face and the tears on your cheek…” The brunette pointed at the face of the frail boy who just noticed that his cheeks are still wet from tears. He quickly wipe it away which made the girl snicker.

“You’re only forced to do this aren’t you?” The brunette continued.

The young man didn’t answer, for a another second the air between the two was riddled with silence; none of the two spoke or even moved for that matter, trying to weight their options. After another second of awkward silence the boy spoke.

“My little brother and my mom are sick, they need medicines that’s too expensive for us, well for us poor people-“ When his gaze meet the girl, he flinch.

“Still has the impression that I’m a rich girl?” The brown haired girl said calmly but her eyes showed annoyance.

“Who’s your boss? I’ll deal with him or her.” The brunette continued.

Hearing the question of the young woman, the boy’s eye widen, he opened his mouth but his voice didn’t came out, after a few seconds of trying to speak his vocal cords function again.

“Are you crazy?! She’s a very well known syndicate leader! And if she find out that I was with you, she would…” The young man’s voice trailed off, unable to finish his sentence and also unable to continue to wonder what will happened if it were to come to past.

“Don’t sweat it, they won’t find out.”

“How would you make that work then?!” The boy shouted with an irritated tone, not believing the brunette's words

“By doing this!” Just after the brunette finished her sentence she send her right fist at the boy’s face