Trailer Chapter: Sapphire

Decisions and Second chances; things that let’s the world continue to exist. Forgiveness and Reconciliation; things that let a person to continue living and push forward towards tomorrow.

In the middle of an abandoned warehouse, three person can be seen; two are woman; one has black hair and wearing a black luxurious short dress that has a fur like adornments at the neck area, while the other only wear normal cloths that looked faded, the last person is a male child that maybe in the age of 8. All of them is seated in front of a circular table filled with delicious food, but despite of the alluring scents, the woman with faded cloths and the child which is seated near her didn’t partook of the meal.

Silence, except for the constant ring of ceramic and metal hitting each other, filled the air inside the warehouse. After one last bite of a delicious stake; the woman with luxurious cloths gently put down her fork and knife on the side of her plate and wiped her lips with a white cloth. Her porcelain white skin almost glowing on the rays of the over head lights, she then stared directly at the two in front of her and spoke.

“Please Ma’am, we are just waiting for your son to come back with the items that I requested, rest easy, when he came back with the item you can all go home. But please don’t let this feast I prepared, be wasted.” The woman said.

“I would, if this is a normal dinner but considering the ‘request’ that you so ‘Kindly’ gave my son, I should save my turn after my son ‘came back’.” The other woman replied, her voice filled with venom that the words she used barely contained.

“I see.”

After the conversation died down, the ceramic and metal ringing once again came to life, the rhythmic noise again stop for a second time when a man in suit approach the one neatly eating at the table.

“Mistress, the boy has arrived.” The man said with utmost professionalism.

“Yes, thank you. You may now go.” After answering, the woman in black finished her last bite of the stake and stood.

The mother and the child perk up when they heard the news, mixed expressions of relief and worry surfaced at their faces at the same time. They turned their heads to the large door behind them, relief then took over their expression when they saw the boy standing near the closing door behind him. When he started to walk towards the table, his mother noticed that he’s trying not to winch in pain.

After reaching the table the boy in black gently placed a case on the table, he then opened it, after he opened the case, he sat at the remaining chair beside his little brother and started to dig in, shoveling food as if this is the last time he will eat a thing.

The Mistress looked at the content of the case and gasp, her beautiful features getting ruined by utter shock, confused she turned her gaze at the beaten boy who did not stop at his almost savage ways of eating; the shock only grow when she noticed that the young man’s face is bruised. She forced herself to recover from her shock and be composed and calm down. After she’s done, she spoke.

“Young man, where did you get this many Dust?”

The boy stop eating upon hearing the question, confusion plastered at his face.

“Mistress, with all due respect…Isn’t obvious?!” The boy roared.

“How did you get these?” The beautiful woman continued.