Wedding Invitation

Pabo's Cafe had become a hotspot for high schoolers, locals, and anyone in general who had a crush on the owner. Baekhyun was always flattered by it and enjoyed teasing the girls who would come by during their lunch break just to talk to him for a few minutes about small things like the weather and how he and his boyfriend were doing.

His relationship with Chanyeol wasn't a secret and he didn't mind. Unlike in high school where he felt the need to keep the public displays of gross affection on the down low, Baekhyun was more open to letting the giant give him a peck on the cheek or two, but only sometimes. If it was too excessive, Chanyeol had the tendency of getting too carried away and though the girls loved fan service, Luhan was always gagging behind the register.

When Baekhyun opened the cafe that morning, he was tired and limping thanks to a certain somebody. As usual, he grabbed the clipboard off the wall in the kitchen and started to do inventory. The delivery truck was late and it wasn't until 6 a.m that it finally came around and unloaded the ingredients Baekhyun had ordered two days before. He thanked the man who helped him while already stressing about the day since he was an hour behind the schedule he set up for himself. Luhan was set to come in within thirty minutes and Baekhyun was just trying to keep it all together before they opened at 7 a.m.

After he finished taking all of the chairs down and setting them upright on the floors, his phone began to ring and he fished it out from his back pocket. Seeing Chanyeol's name and number come up made him wonder what the giant was calling about so early in the morning, but Baekhyun answered the call nonetheless.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing. I just got to work and I'm tired."

Scoffing, Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "You and me both."

"Yeah?"

There was subtle play in his voice, meaning that the latter was referring to what happened that morning, and Baekhyun relented a small laugh. "Yeah." He looked out the window and noticed black car park temporarily in front of the store. "So, is that why you're calling me right now? To tell me how you're tired?"

"I wanted to hear your voice," Chanyeol admitted. "But not only that, I got this letter in the mail. It was sent over to the office by my family..."

"Oh... What's it about?" Luhan came out of the vehicle, seemingly kissing a man inside before closing the door behind him. Baekhyun figured it was his boyfriend and began walking to the front of the cafe to unlock the door for him. "It must be formal if they're sending you something through the mail rather than just calling you about it."

"Right... It has something to do with my cousin." Chanyeol paused. "Actually, we'll talk about it at home."

"Why not now?" Baekhyun asked. After thinking about it momentarily, he retracted his question. "Actually, you're right. I'm busy, you're busy. We'll deal with your family letter later at home."

"Okay. I'll have someone come and pick you up today. I'm going to stay behind a little later than usual, but I'll be home around 10."

"Sounds great."

"Love you, vixen."

Once he glanced over to see that Luhan had entered the back room, Baekhyun cupped a hand to the phone and said, "Love you, too."

-

-

"Do you do any work around here?"

Sehun gave the his friend a shrug as he waltzed in the man's office with his hands stuffed in the front pockets of his pants. "I do, but I don't officially have anything to do until 8." Seeing that Chanyeol seemed rather stressed, he sat on the edge of his desk, looking over him. "And what's got you under the weather this early in the morning? Another fight with Byun?"