Preparations

Packing was always the most tedious task when it came to traveling and despite working in an industry that required him to always be prepared, it was Baekhyun's least favorite part of every trip. Assortments of different shirts and bottoms mix-matched with one another placed on top of their bed, much to Chanyeol's displeasure when he walked in after finishing a phone conversation with a business partner. It wasn't particular normal for Baekhyun to care about his appearance, but it had been obvious that the blond was stressing too much over it. He simply excused it as nerves.

"Are you still packing? I thought you finished yesterday night," Chanyeol commented as he walked over to where Baekhyun stood to judge all of his options. "I was looking forward to getting in bed."

"Sorry," Baekhyun muttered, seemingly distracted. Taking a step forward, he grabbed one of the stripped shirts off the bed and examined it closer at arm's length. "I started second guessing some of the things I had picked out... This is alright for Hawaii, right? It's still business casual if I pair it with some blue jeans and--"

"You're right, but here's the thing," Chanyeol interrupted, taking the piece of clothing from the latter's hand before tossing it back on the bed, "it's a wedding week. Not a business meeting. I don't see how worrying if an outfit is considered 'business casual' fits into the whole vacation vibes."

Frowning, Baekhyun crossed his arms. "It's not really a vacation if all of your family members are going to be there. I can't just show up looking... you know."

"Hot? Sexy?" Chanyeol grinned as he took a hold of Baekhyun by the waist of his jeans and pulled him up against him.

"Looking like I don't fit in." Giving the giant look of anxiety, Baekhyun took a moment for himself before he moved himself away from Chanyeol's touch. "You know what? You're right about one thing. I think I am worrying a little too much over mundane things... I'll just repack everything in my bag and call it a night."

"I'll hide the bag until our flight this Saturday so you won't get tempted."

Rolling his eyes as he began folding everything back into their compact spaces, Baekhyun scoffed. "Oh, my hero."

"I'm just trying to make sure you're not stressing yourself out over nothing," Chanyeol replied, laughing. Pulling the tie off of his collar, he began unbuttoning his white dress shirt starting form the very top. "I just finalized all the arrangements for when I'm gone. Got my secretary to confirm all our flight and hotel information. The last thing I want is for you to have a panic attack because something's not business casual."

"Stop making me feel like I'm being crazy."

"Are you not?" Chanyeol shrugged off his shirt, tossing the white clothing into a laundry bin. "It's just clothes."

Baekhyun stopped zipping his bag halfway, turning his head off to the side to throw the giant a glaring look. "It's not— Look. I just don't want to look out of place," he said, trying his best to not sound as annoyed as he actually was. Trying to exert his focus else where, he finished zipping the bag and put it on the floor. "Sorry if that sounds crazy to you."

"Did I say something—"

"No. You're right. It's just clothes. I should spend my time worrying about other things."

"Baekhyun."

Ignoring him, Baekhyun pulled up the suitcase's trolley handle and began walking to their closet. Chanyeol followed after, stopping by the archway as he watched the brunet carefully put the bag away in a small, vacant corner.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol hated apologizing, because it only meant that he had done something wrong to upset the vixen— something he tries to avoid. "I just don't understand because these aren't things I'm used to worrying about."