Part 2

Warnings : cursing, the slightest smut               A/N Red isn't a 'official' guardian or anything yet. I know it's different from the game but I wanted to take it in my own direction:)

You only had one window in your room, big enough for your liking. The light of the sun started to creep into your room waking you. 07:00am the clock stated. As you rose from the bed you proceeded to get on your hunter armor and head to the door only to find a note folded over with the word 'Sunshine' written across it. It was the nickname Cayde had given you. You picked it up and tossed it over to you bed not attempting to read it.

You followed up with Amanda the next morning, she was sitting on a stool reading a book Cayde had given her. You always had the thought in the back of your head that Cayde had always had something for Amanda rather than you, you just never let it show. "Hey" was the only thing you could think of to say after all that had happened.

She closed the book and stood while she gave you a small smile and proceeded to give you a tight hug "Hey, Red! I've got some work if you're up for it. Well, Cayde asked for you to take a look at it before he left this morning...that is if you're up for it."

You gave her a small smile and nodded "Yeah I think I can handle whatever Cayde throws at me. What does he need?" Amanda pointed over to a small area with a nearly destroyed sparrow. 'Must've been wrecked in a dare, typical Cayde' Red thought. "I'll get right on it. When does he need it ready?" Red asked

"Uhhh-" she paused "I'm not sure he just said he would check on it tonight to see the progress.....he's hoping to see you there Red." Red looked down at her boots and thought 'why not fix two things and hope for the best' it was a terrible joke that only made her frown

"Alright, I'll get started on it." As Amanda nodded and began to walk off Red called to her "H-hey, one last thing...-" Amanda turned around to see Red's cheeks...well red. "Can you let me know when he's about to arrive. Wouldn't want to have grease and dirt all over my face." You both laugh as she nodded and walked off again. With all things set aside you were completely terrified of what was going to happen.

~16 hours later~

It was 11:23pm when you actually started giving up on Cayde's sparrow, your back and muscles were screaming for a break. You thought about just heading back for the night and going to sleep but a part of you wanted to be there to see Cayde. The sparrow still needed some work but you had gotten very far in repairing it, Cayde would actually be proud of it. You started to slowly drift off back and fourth when a hand on you shoulder made you jump and spin around. Cayde.

Cayde spoke up first "Hey Sunshine! Been meaning to.....-" his optics widen as you looked to see that he was staring at his sparrow "Is that? No, no, no, Red! Did you? H-how? Why? Wait I'm not saying it's bad or anything I'm saying it's amazing!" Cayde brought you into a tight hug. You hugged him back taking in all his smells, the gunpowder, a little bit of oil, and somehow what smelled to be cologne. Red never wanted to let go, she wanted to stay right there in his arms forever. They only stayed like that for a moment before Cayde spoke up and you both let go "I thought I told Amanda to take a look at this-" 'asshole' Red thought "but anyways, did you get my note?" Red froze, she was cornered and couldn't get out of this. No, she needed to fix this shit she was in with Cayde and make it right.

Slowly Red spoke, soft but just above a whisper. "N-no. I u-uh...um...I don't know what to say Cayde. I like you a lot, more than you know. I've been avoiding you because I was too afraid to accept the fact that I might actually have feelings for you. I know you being with the Vanguard and all-" Red was suddenly cut off when he kissed her. Cayde! Kissed! Red!