Part 4

Warnings : cursing

You arrived to the Tower early just as the sun began to rise, you put on gloves before you left the ship scared of what everyone's reaction would be towards your new arm. Cayde grabbed your arm lightly and pulled you to side before you walked into the Tower Plaza.

"You know for someone who just gave me a whole speach about 'accepting yourself' you seem to be doing a terrible job at it." He saw the pout on your face and reached for your gloves "Look, take these off. Matter fact, if you take yours off I'll take off mine. Huh? We got a deal?"

Red shifted her weight uncomfortably "alright fine. I have to go check in with, Zavala, so I guess I'll see you around." She gave a soft smile as he nodded and walked off.

As you walked out into the Tower Plaza and descended down the stairs Ganee was at the bottom waiting for you. Her face was calm as her hands were nicely placed behind her. "Red, listen, I heard what happened and I'm sorry. Just please don't think I set you up because of Cayde. I want to...I want to help."

Red was awestruck by what Ganee was saying. All this time she thought Ganee hated her guts and here she was being sincere and wanting to help. "You? Want to help me?" She thought about denying her help but the look on her face said she knew something. "What exactly do you know?"

She looked around cautiously and spoke. "Tower Hanger. 2 am. Only you, no one else." She walked off without letting you get a word out to protest.

Red walked down to the table where she always found him, today he was standing over by the windows gazing upon the city below. He didn't turn around when he heard you approach. "Is there something you need, Red?"

"I know I'm not a guardian or anything but-" Zavala cut her off as he turned to face her

"You know the rules, Red, Non-Guardians are not permitted outside these walls, it's too much of a risk and I will not put your life on the line." You never understood how a someone could become a Guardian. You wanted to prove you were ready to become one.

"I know. But how can I ever prove to you that I'm ready to become a Guardian if you never give me the chance?" Red was beyond frustrated at this point.

"You have no idea how this works do you? You can't just simply walk up to the Traveler and ask to be such a thing. You were born into this world, Red, us Guardians were brought back to life because we were chosen to protect the Traveler and its people. It is not any of our choices, but the Travelers choice." He paused for a moment. "One mission. Ganee will be escorting you and will watch over you. That is all."  He turned to face the city below as you let out a quiet sigh and walked off.

Red could never understand how one was chosen to become a Guardian, she thought it was just about proving ones self. Before she got too far Zavala called to her.

"Ganee has the rest of the details. I hope this isn't too great of a task for you, Red."

"I won't let you down." She smiled and walked towards her room. As she rounded the corner to the hall of rooms there was what looked to be a female dressed in all black with a Hunters emblem on her right shoulder, the figure quickly vanished around the corner out of sight. Red didn't bother to question who or why that happened, she was just looking forward to getting in a decent nap for once. She threw herself onto her bed and wrapped herself in the warm blankets, as she started to drift off there was a knock. She groaned "Ugh, what?"