Coronation

The palace of Mahishmati was busy and noisy for the preparations of the coronation.

Sivagami often found herself wondering where on Earth she had gone wrong with Bhallaldev and what would have happened if she would have made Bhallaldev the King instead. It would result in nothing good, she decided.

Stop that and concentrate on Baahu and Devasena's coronation, she told herself.

"Amma?"

Sivagami saw Kattappa standing in front of her throne.

She gestured him to speak.

"The preparations for the coronation are done. Would you like to see them and suggest some changes?" He asked her after he bowed.

Sivagami nodded. "Where are Baahu and Devasena?"

"Baahubali is showing Princess Devasena around Mahishmati. The people seem to have taken a liking to her." Kattappa said.

Sivagami then asked, "Tell me how Devasena and Baahu fell in love. I think I should know that."

Kattappa looked up in surprise and then beamed. "Of course, Amma."
_________

"This is the training arena, Devasena, sometimes I join mama for training the soldiers." Amarendra said.

"Will you let me come with you?" Devasena asked.

Amarendra laughed. "Sure, but I'll be distracted."

"Distracted? How?"

"It'll remind me of the day I first saw you." He said as he grinned at her and Devasena felt her cheeks colouring a bit.

Nevertheless, Devasena giggled.

"Then I'll come with you all the time and distract you and make you look like the blockhead you pretended to be in front of your soldiers." Devasena said, pulling Amarendra's leg.

Amarendra gasped dramatically and placed a hand on his heart. "I'm wounded, Devasena."

Devasena rolled her eyes and laughed.

"When you become a King, will you go for battles?" Devasena asked.

"Yes. Why do you ask? To come to the battlefield and distract me?" He said.

"Yes."

Amarendra laughed. "Very funny, Devasena."

"I'm serious. Will you let me fight alongside you?"

Amarendra stopped laughing at the seriousness in her voice.

"I don't know..." He said.

"Why not? Do you think I'm weak-?" Devasena asked.

"No!" Amarendra said. "It's just that if there is even a scratch on you, I won't be able to tolerate it and then-"

Devasena stopped him from speaking further, knowing what he was going to say.

"And I can't tolerate not knowing how you're doing."

"Deva-"

"I'm coming."

Amarendra sighs. "I'll see what I can do."

Devasena smiled.

"But you'll be right next to me always." Amarendra said firmly.

Devasena nodded. "Always. Be it in a battlefield or anything else."

Amarendra gave a quick peck in her lips so that no one could catch them kissing.