Unknown

"Amara, stop that."

Silence.

A pout.

"But why, Deva?"

"I just fixed my hair a few hours ago and now you're ruining it!" Amarendra's irritated wife said, while he rolled his eyes fondly.

"You fixed your robes as well and now they're on the floor." Came the sassy remark of her irritating husband.

A glare and a punch came from the wife while laughter came from the husband.

Amarendra traced Devasena's lower back and she sighed softly, curling into his chest.

"Does my queen like this?" Amarendra asked.

"Hmmm..." Devasena muttered, knowing it was pointless to lie.

Knock knock.

Amarendra cursed. Who was knocking on his door when he was spending some quality time with his wife?

Devasena on the other hand disappeared into the blankets, making Amarendra laugh, but then he grimaced when the knocks came again.

He got out of the bed, cursing, and wore his robes.

The knocking became persistent.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." He grumbled and opened the door.

All traces of irritation disappeared when he saw Kattappa standing there. A worried Kattappa.

"Mama, what's wrong?" He asked, worried.

"Baahu, come quick, an army is on its way to Mahishmati." Kattappa said.

"What?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Amarendra frowned as he observed the army from the telescope.

"Whose army could this be, mama?" He asked.

"I'm not so sure, Baahu, The Queen Mother is looking into it." Kattappa said.

"And Deva?" He asked.

"Um, well, she knows and said that it's better to see what the attacker wants to do first."

"I thought I said she shouldn't find out and get worried?" Amarendra said, aghast.

Kattappa looked at Amarendra as though he was crazy. "Did you really think this would keep quiet?"

Amarendra sighed. "No. I just hoped."

Did this really have to happen when he just got married?

~~~~~~~~~~

"The opposing King has sent a letter, Baahu." Kattappa said. "And unfortunately, he has declared war for reasons unknown."

"Who is he? Which empire does he rule?" The Minister asked.

"He hasn't written his name down, but he did mention the kingdom he is from - Sinhala."

All eyes in the court looked at their King for his decision.

"Prepare for war." Amarendra announced to the court. "Get the army ready and make new weapons for the soldiers."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry, Deva, no." Amarendra said strictly.

After hearing about the declaration of war, Devasena naturally wanted to be by Amarendra's side during the war. And that drove Amarendra into panic mode.

Yes, he knew she could hold on her own, but he still couldn't help but worry. He wanted his Deva safe and away from all the darkness in the world. A silly thought and wish, but it was genuine.

"Of course I'm coming, Amarendra." His wife argued back. "And Remember you promised me before our wedding?"

"Yes, But-"

"Does that mean nothing to you?"

Amarendra couldn't look away from Devasena's fiery, determined eyes.

"I-" He tried speaking. "I just want you to be safe."

Her eyes softened. "So do I. And for that, I must be beside you."

The stared at each other's eyes for a few minutes, each trying to convince the other.

Finally, Amarendra came to a decision. "We should ask what Mother has to decide."

"I have already made my decision, Baahu." It was Sivagami's voice.

Amarendra And Devasena turned and saw Sivagami standing at the entrance, looking formidable as ever.

She looked at Devasena then at Amarendra, then at Devasena again.

She fixed both of them with her piercing, yet gentle gaze. "And I have decided that..."

~~~~~~~~~

DUN DUN DUN! What do you think Sivagami will decide? Would she want to keep her 'daughter' safe or send her to battle? And I need a name for the evil king dude, I just can't decide. So, please HELP.

And right, I owe apologies to certain people. Sorry for not updating and I know I should be chucked into an acid pool with pirhanas in it. Just please forgive me. The scenes may have been short and to the point, but I hope you bear with me.

My 11th grade started as soon as my board exams ended. And I chose PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology) English is compulsory. And the teachers have already told us that PCMB kids have no life. But I'll always have life as long as I have Pranu/Amarasena.

Anyways, this is the the 6th chapter out of the 10 in this book. After all 10 are done, I'll start the sequel to this soon.

This chapter is dedicated to @vidhyascribbles
She's been waiting for god knows how long just like you guys and she's read the whole book infinite times and keeps throwing tantrums for an update. She's such a sweetheart, really. Well, dear, I hope you enjoyed this!

I'll try not to disappoint any of you, please bear with me.
Thanks for all the love.
~Amarasena24