Surprises

"Mama, do you know what is going on here?" Amarendra asked Kattappa.

Recently, his mother and Devasena had started calling each other mother and daughter. Plus, his mother had started calling him 'son-in-law', which left Amarendra baffled.

It was obvious that something had transpired between the two precious women of his life, but neither of them would speak a word. All they'd do was smile secretively and change the topic.

"I never did understand woman, Baahu..." Kattappa answered. "They're like another species."

"Neither do I..." Amarendra said, scratching his head thoughtfully. Another species indeed.
~~~~~~~~~

"The King of Kunthala recently got his sister Devasena married to King Amarendra Bahubali Of Mahishmati, Your Majesty." A man said, bowing to his King.

The King in question, seated on the throne, threw his wine glass on the floor with anger.

That King of Kunthala was a thorn on his side. He was supposed to marry the current Queen of Kunthala (Sulochana), only she got married to the King of Kunthala (Naayaka) by running away with him.

And now when he set his eyes on King Nayaka's sister, he goes and gets her married too?!

What is this world coming to?

He fisted his hand. This meant war. But not with that petty king of Kunthala. It would be better if he waged war on Mahishmati. It was bigger and he would grow more powerful if he gained that kingdom. That Baahubali Guy probably just got lucky in that war with the Kalakeys.

"Amarendra Baahubali." he whispered. "Be prepared."

~~~~~~~~~

Please don't kill me. This is the shortest chapter I've ever written in my life. And I want to write so much more, but unfortunately, I can't.

So many problems are going on in my life. Recently, my aunt passed away due to cancer so now we're in India, going through the necessary rituals.
Secondly, I've have a bit of a problem with FanFiction.net. You see, my best friend has an account there and she has written only one story so far. A truth or dare show of Harry Potter. She literally gave all her time and energy to it and completed it. Somewhere around in January, she got an anonymous review stating that her story is going to be reported because it was in script format. Naturally, she panicked and opened her account, but unfortunately, the website had already deleted her story. And that really shattered her. She was so attached to the story that she even started thinking about a season two, but just because it was in script format, it was deleted. She was so upset that she deleted her account in FanFiction. She's okay now, but she still won't come back to FanFiction. It's not that I blame her.

Thirdly, my board exams are coming!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 And I'm already entering panic mode. And I know I've left you guys at a cliffhanger and more than disappointed you all with such a short chapter, but I deeply apologize and ask you all to bear with me.

Thank you all for understanding and reading this rant!

~Amarasena24