Marriage

Amarendra grinned broadly as the sun rose over the horizon. Today is his wedding day. He would have done a jig on the spot if he wanted to, but he restrained himself. (A/N: Barely)

He took in a deep breaths, his excitement bouncing off the walls. He turned as he heard a knock on the door.

He went and opened the door and saw Kattappa standing there.

"Baahu, come on, we have to get you ready for your marriage." Kattappa said, his own face beaming.

"And what about-" Amarendra began to ask about Devasena, but Kattappa already seemed to know what he was going to ask.

"Rajamata is getting Yuvrani Devasena ready." Kattappa said.

Amarendra shook his head, wondering how on earth his mama knew him so well.

Well, he is the man who helped raise him along with his mother, he thought dryly.

Kattappa hurriedly dragged Amarendra out of his room. "Let's go and get you all decked up before the auspicious time is over."
~~~~~~
Sivagami held out a mirror for Devasena to look into after she was given a sieve bath by Sivagami and Devasena's sister-in-law, Pritha.

Sivagami held out a platter with Devasena's white saree, blue blouse with gold patterns, her jewelry and flowers along with some fruits.

"Touch the platter and then you'll have to change into it." Sivagami said.

Devasena touched the platter and stood up.

Sivagami and Pritha helped her in getting her ready, adjusting her jewelry and her saree.

Once again, the mirror was given to Devasena, but this time by Pritha.

Sivagami then performed a ritual to keep away the evil eyes from both, Amarendra and Devasena.

Then, both Amarendra and Devasena were taken to the mandap.

The mandat was in a closed hall, all the people were gathered around, all of them were chatting amicably.

Sivagami sure hadn't disappointed with the decorations. It was as if it was the marriage of a God with a Goddess.

A sudden hush came upon the subjects as Amarendra and Devasena were brought in.

As soon as the two saw each other, both of them marveled how good the other looked.

Compliments were showered upon the couple, including how they seemed to complete each other so perfectly.

As the priest chanted prayers, Amarendra and Devasena stole glances at each other, trying hard not to be found out by anyone.

The priest then asked the two of them to stand up for the seven nuptial rounds.

Amarendra had half a mind to run those seven rounds instead of walking, but he knew that both his mother and his to-be-wife would give him a stern talking to, despite being in public.

Devasena sensed Amarendra's impatience and smirked and made the seven rounds go exceptionally slowly and Amarendra raised his eyebrow, realizing what she was doing.

After the seven rounds, the two of them went and sought blessing from Sivagami and Kattappa. Even though Kattappa insisted that he was a Slave.

"May both of you be happy and prosperous." Sivagami said, blessing the couple.