Consolation

Devasena's eyes fluttered open as the morning rays of the sun hit her.

Never before had she felt this warm and safe in someone's arms like this. It was almost like no one could touch her with this Demigod- No wait -Her Demigod next to her.

As much as she wanted to stay there, she knew that he had to get up. So she prodded his face gently.

"Mhmmm.... Five more minutes, Deva....." Amarendra mumbled in his sleep.

"No. Wake up right now or I'll push you off the bed." Devasena threatened.

Amarendra just slept on.

Devasena was a woman of her word. She pushed her husband off their bed.

Amarendra winced as he fell on the ground. "Devasena!"

"I did warn you." Devasena answered coolly.

Amarendra shook his head and wondered why he was not surprised.

Devasena's eyes rested on her husband's strong chest, and for some reason, her eyes were fixed on it.

Amarendra smirked. "Enti, Deva? See something interesting?"

Devasena colored and spluttered. "I-I- NO! Go and put a shirt on!"

She pulled the covers over her head, wondering what on earth was wrong with her.

She could hear Amarendra chuckle and a few minutes later, he gently pulled the cover off her face.

Luckily for her, he was wearing his robes, or else she would've gone even redder than she was.

"This man is yours, Deva, you can do whatever you want to him, and that includes what you did before." Amarendra said seriously, but with a hint of playfulness.

"......Go to the court."

"Aw, come on, I say such a sweet dialogue and I get to go to the court?" Amarendra asked. His wife really was something else.

Devasena flashed her trademark smirk.

"Alright, Fine, But can I leave after dressing you up?"

"AMARENDRA!"

"I was just joking!" Amarendra laughed and raised his hands up in surrender. He smirked. "Although I'll take a present with me."

"What present?" Devasena asked.

Amarendra pressed his lips to hers and Devasena couldn't help but kiss her King back. She felt a tug on the covers that covered her body.

She broke the kiss and fixed Amarendra under a glare.

"Please?" He pouted and grinned a grin that was irresistible and made her heart melt.

"Fine." Devasena allowed, letting go of the covers.

A few moments later, after Devasena taught Amarendra to tie a saree, Devasena looked like the queen she was.

Though her face did have a hint of red...

Amarendra was grinning like a kid who had gotten his bag of candy and went to the court after another departing kiss to Devasena.

~~~~~~~~~~

Devasena was going by Sivagami's room when she saw the older woman just staring out the window. No expression, just staring out as though she were a statue.

Devasena entered Sivagami's room and touched her shoulder. Sivagami gave a start and turned to look at Devasena.

"Baahu is at the court, right?" Sivagami asked. "I'll go and join-"