Arguments (L X Reader)

"Lawliet, you promised me you'll go on this trip with me. Now, why are you breaking your promise?" (Y/N) yelled to the detective.

L sighed and replied, "I know I promised you. But I have no choice. I can't take the risk to take you out when my opponents are desperately trying to trace our place."

                     A few weeks ago (Y/N) managed to convince L for a trip to Australia. She booked the plane tickets, hotel room and made other arrangements for the trip alone.
(Y/N) was so happy that finally two of them would be able to spend some time alone, away from the tiresome work.
      They never got a lot of chances to went even on a small trip, so when L agreed for the trip she barely contained her happiness. But all her excitement went down to the drain when L told her to call off the trip just two days before the departure.

"I don't want to hear any of your lame excuses. You always gave me that fucking excuse when I plan a trip. But this time I'm not backing off. You have to go with me." (Y/N) stubbornly stated.

"(Y/N), please try to understand. We can't go. I don't want to make any mistakes now for the sake of this important case." L tried to point out reasons to his decision.

But his girlfriend was beyond to understand all these reasons that time. "No, you have to go. And that's final." She yelled at him.

L tried his best to calm down her, but her constant nagging made him more irritated by the second. He finally ran out of patience and lost his temper.

"I don't have time to idle somewhere with you. The case is more important than the trip." He snapped at her finally.

(Y/N) stunned to hear what L just said. She never heard him yell or raise his voice even slightest towards her. But what taken aback her was not his raised voice but his harsh words to her.

"I-I don't k-know I'm wasting your time, Lawliet. I'm s-sorry." She said lowering her head. Then she turned away from him not to let him see her tears that threatened to fall.

"O-Okay, I'll not bother y-you a-anymore." She uttered in an inaudible voice and ran out of the room.

Lawliet sat on the couch and rubbed his temples. The ringing sound of his phone broke the silence of the room. He took out the phone from his jeans pocket and saw the call was from Watari.

"Yes?"

"I find some important clues about the case," Watari replied.

Lawliet turned on his laptop, "What is it? E-mail that to me quickly."

The distant clap of thunder broke L's concentration from the document he was reading on his laptop. He shifted his gaze from the laptop's bright screen to the closed window few feet away from him. Through the draped thin curtains the bright flashing of thunders shown slightly.

Lawliet got up from the couch and went to the window. He moved the semi-transparent curtains and saw the dark clouds in the afternoon sky. In that dark grey billows of clouds, silver lines of lightning were flashing. Then soon the pattering sound of raindrops also joined the rumbling of thunder.

As Lawliet was watching the stormy weather it reminded him a certain person who was missing from the noon. It was about five hours since he last saw his girlfriend. He was so busy in his work that he almost forget about the fight they had a few hours ago.

 Lawliet felt a pang of guilt in his heart when he remembered what he said to her that time. L never meant to say that & then his thoughts were cut off as a thunder stroked.

(Y/N) was gazing at the rain & thinking about their fight in the noon. She was well awar of the risks of her boyfriend's job. She always co-operated with him & tried her best to help or comfort him. She never nagged him to give her anything, all she ever wanted a little time for her from him. Was it too much to ask?

          She was so occupied with her thoughts, that she didn't notice a person took the seat opposite to her. A few moments later she snapped out of her train of thoughts & almost jumped out of her skin.

"L-Lawliet, w-what are you doing here? H-How did you find me?"

"It wasn't tough for me to find you here...in this coffee shop." L monotonously answered.

She looked away from him & whispered, "Why you're here?"

Instead of answering that L said, "Let's go back to the home. We can discuss those matters there."

"Yes," (Y/N) replied in an inaudible tone.

When (Y/N) reached home she took her laptop & went to the bedroom. She understood it clearly nagging Lawliet wasn't going to work this time & she had to cancel the trip anyway.

She sat on the bed & turned on the laptop. She was about to open the browser then suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around her waist. Lawliet shut down the laptop & whispered, "I'm sorry (Y/N)."

She turned towards him fully & gave him a questioning look. Lawliet averted his eyes & apologized, "I'm sorry what I said then. I didn't mean any of that."

"No. I should say sorry not you, Lawliet.Though I know the risks of your work, I acted like a brat. I'll cancel the arrangements."

"You don't need to do that."

(Y/N) startled to hear that. "W-why? I mean, you have important cases to investigate...."

Lawliet chuckled & tucked few strands of (h/c) hair behind her ear, "Dear, we still have 48 hours before our flight. And anything can happen in this time." He gave her a devious smirk. (Y/N) frowned to heard this.

He pulled her towards him & whispered against her lips, "And most importantly I can't lose you to anything or anyone in this world."

L kissed her passionately & after a few seconds, she also kissed him back. 'Because to me, you're my world, (Y/N).'