Movie night (Matt X Reader)

"Are you sure you want to watch this movie, (Y/N)?" Matt questioned to the (h/c) haired woman.

"Damn sure." (Y/N) replied confidently. Then she narrowed her eyes & mockingly asked, "Are you really worrying about me or it is you who can't watch horror movies?"

Matt sighed and shook his head, "You know very well that you're always afraid of gho-"

"I'm not afraid of ghosts! It's the nth time I'm telling you this."

"Okay, as you wish. But don't come running to me later."

"I'll never do that!"

(Y/N) decided to watch a movie with Matt in the evening. So now both of them were busy to select a movie from their 'special movie collection'.

Mello went to the next city to attend a meeting with other mafia leaders. Before he left home, he told Matt & (Y/N) that he won't come home that night.

However, Matt first selected a horror movie, but then he rejected that thinking (Y/N)'s phobia about ghosts. When She asked him why he didn't want to watch the movie, he spoke the truth. But (Y/N) took this other way and thought he was mocking her. So the stubborn girl decided to watch the horror movie to prove that she didn't have phasmophobia.

After watching half of the movie, Matt became bored to death. His mind started to wonder about the points he collected in a game which he wasn't sure he saved or not and that worried him. Speaking of worry, he also remembered he should check someone right then.

He glanced in the direction of his girlfriend and found her sitting on the other side of the couch. She was clutching a cushion to her chest tightly & staring at the screen with wide eyes.

"Um..(Y/N)? Are you..okay?" Matt asked in a concerning voice.

Hearing Matt's question she broke out her trance like state & looked at him.

"Huh! Sorry to disappoint you but I'm perfectly fine." She intended to sound confident. But into her mocking tone, the hint of fear clearly heard.

"Oh! I'm glad to see you overcome your fear." Matt taunted her. "Then can you bring me a drink?"

She startled a bit to hear the request. Noticing her nervousness he teased her again, "Are you afraid to go to the kitchen alone, (Y/N)~?"

"O-Of course n-not. I-I'll bring your drink."

The kitchen was just beside the living room. She took a deep breath & opened the door of the kitchen slowly.

"Matt, why didn't you turn off the lights in the kitchen?" she shouted from the kitchen.

"I did. Maybe you forgot to turned off that," Matt responded from the living room and (Y/N) frowned to heard this.

'I remember clearly I turn off the lights before going to the living room. If neither Matt turned on the lights...nor I..and Mello is'nt at home... then... who...?'

"M-Matty, are y-you s-sure y-you didn't d-do it?"

"No, I didn't. Why are you asking that?"

"I think we have a p-problem!" she whispered nervously.

As soon as she finished the sentence, the lights went off. "(Y/N), are you still in the kitchen?" Matt called out from the living room.

"Y-yes."

"Wait where you are. I'm coming there."

"O-okay."

(Y/N) stood in the dark trying not to think about the scary scenes of the movie. But the dark room didn't help her to stop the thoughts, instead, it boosted up her brain to remember it more clearly. She shut her eyes tightly, 'Stupid mind, stop thinking about that.'

Then all of a sudden a hand touched her left shoulder from behind. (Y/N) almost jumped out of her skin at this sudden contact. She opened her eyes slowly and saw the soft yellow glow of a candle.
The light was not much bright to totally relieve the darkness of the room. She sighed in relief thinking it was Matt. (Y/N) turned to face the person behind her, but to her dismay, it wasn't Matt....it was someone else...

A dim figure was standing in front of her with a candle in his left hand. The person wore a hoodie and his visage wasn't clear because of the hood on his head.
The hair on her back stood & her heart started to beat a mile in a minute in her rib cage after seeing this mysterious figure and not Matt there.

She screamed at the top of her lungs, "AHHHH!! GHOST!!"

The figure immediately shouted, "Who are you calling that, idiot?"

And the power came back at the very moment the figure said that. And (Y/N)'s eyes widen to see the person in front of her. "M-Mello? W-what are you doing here?"

"Yeah, it's me. The meeting cancelled for some reason, so I came home early." Mello blew out the candle.

"H-how could you enter into the house?"

"I think you don't know I have a gadget named spare key, moron." Mello sarcastically answered. "And when I came home, you greeted me with your bloody scream & called me-"

"Ghost!" someone completed the blonds sentence. Mello & (Y/N) looked at the direction of the voice & saw Matt was standing in the doorway trying to suppress his laughter.

"Why in the first place you didn't say it was you?" (Y/N) snarled at the blond.

Mello snapped back at her, "Now is it my fault? And why did you call me that?"

And this argument consequently started their bickering session for that day. Matt, on the other hand, was laughing his ass off to hear the squabble between his girlfriend & best friend.

    Matt awakened from his slumber to heard someone knocking at his bedroom door. He sat up and rubbed his sleepy eyes & called, "Come in."
Through the ajared door, he saw (Y/N) was standing in the doorway. She entered the room & closed the door.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" she asked looking away from him.

"Of course you can. Come here, babe." Matt answered with a smile.

She laid down beside him & wrapped her arms around his torso. Matt's arms encircle (Y/N)'s waist and hold her closely.
He planted a kiss on the top of her head, "So, in the end, you come running to me, eh? Now admit you're afr-"

"I'm not afraid of ghosts!"

Matt chuckled at her reaction, "So, you just want to cuddle with me?"

"Yes."

Mart began nuzzling her neck with delicate kisses & she inhaled sharply at this. A mischivious smirk came to his lips and he whispered, "And here I expected to have a steamy night like yesterd-"

(Y/N) blushed bright red to recall the events of last night.
"Shut up, you pervert." she cut off his sentence immediately.