Emily Calm Down, Dang Girl!

Don't believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.
-Renee Jain

~~~~

Lucas Greene

-January 31, 2017- ~The Elders' hall, Location: Unknown~

To say I was nervous would be an understatement of a lifetime. We were in our suits, and by that, I mean super suits, not a three-piece suit or anything. Adam told me that The Elders sought him out personally to give information to.

I believed him, because hey, what else am I supposed to go by. All of us were in the ball room getting ready, awaiting  Emily's trial. Emily's trial was something that I was not looking forward to. I did not know what to think either way I had a chance of losing her. I wasn't ready to lose her after I just got her back again.

A guard walked in holding what looks like handcuffs. I was confused what would we need handcuffs for? He walked over to Emily, grabbing her arm and pulling her towards me. I growled lowly, what was this man going to do?

"Sir," he says authority thick in his voice, "these are required for protection, in case she tries anything." He hands me the handcuffs, I now had not really processing what he just said. Why would the elders need protection if they were 10 times stronger than all of us combined. What is their angle, and why did they need to talk to Adam to figure out their plan?

I numbly put the cuffs on Emily hearing them click, she allowed her hair to fall in her face, bowing her head and walking away, "I'm sorry," I murmur sadly.

I glance over to see Jason putting cuffs on Lily. I had a bad feeling in my gut, but I dismissed it. I walk over to Adam who was doing something to one of his gadgets.

"What did they say, I mean what did The Elders say when you had that conversation with them, when they summoned you?" I questioned, anger evident in my voice.

Adam pulled me aside further into a corner, where we were out of earshot, "listen, I don't know what they want with her, but I have a bad feeling about it, just, just keep her by you."

I nod, another guard walks in with an expressionless face, he nods holding the door open. I walk over to the mute Emily who was looking anywhere but me.

I could feel the fear radiating off of her in waves, and that unnerved me. I didn't have a plan, but I needed to get Emily out of here, alive and in one piece.

To me, something was off about Adam, I understand that Emily put a small rift between us, but come on, I am not going to spend every second of the day with the guy.

We walked down the dark hall, I put on a mask, to hide my emotions, I wasn't letting any of the Elders have leverage against me.

We waited outside a ominous door that had gold detailing. This whole building looked like it came straight out of the 1500's.

We were summoned to enter. We walked in, Emily and I sticking to the back along with Jason and Lily.

"Ahh, Adam Baker," greeted Aindreo as Adam bowed in respect to him. The rest of us grumbling in annoyance, standing around awkwardly.

"Well, well, we are here to determine if Emily Carter has the ability to become a hero," Alena spoke up, I stiffened, pulling Emily into my chest.

Emily growled pushing away from me. Lily scrambled away from Jason going to stand next to Emily. The two girls joined hands and we spread away to the sides of the throne room.

I glared at them hoping they would stop. "Frebeshaw," they muttered, their eyes glowing green. Lily broke out of her cuffs and Emily did too. I was a little worried for everyone's well being after seeing them break out of magic hand cuffs.

Lily charges, pushing Emily, who stumbles back to me, "I can't always be the side kick," Emily yells getting up.

"You can and you will," Lily yells doing some voodoo magic that I don't understand.

Emily's glare is hard, and I know she is forming a plan in her head. I grab her around the waist, pulling her against my chest.

Emily shouts in protest, kicking against me, I grab onto her harder, with more force. She vapor travels away, without me.

I can't leave her alone, I don't know if she left me again. She can't get away. The ground shakes, an earthquake?

I look at Veronica who shrugs in confusion. So, the earthquake wasn't her, which leaves us with Emily, if you can even consider an option right now.

The floor shakes, Emily appears, pictures on the walls fall down, the floor begins to crack.  I run over to Emily, hoping I could calm her down, but Lily is too quick, muttering an incantation and Emily falls asleep in Lily's lap.

I walk over to them, picking up Emily and pulling her in my lap. "That was definitely uncalled for," Anne mutters as we are dismissed for a later trial due to this display of events.