This is The End as We All Know It

Deadly:
What is more deadly, a gun or a thought?
A gun gives you the opportunity, but a thought pulls the trigger.
-A.B
~~~~

Lily Spencer

-February 1, 2017- ~The Elders' hall, Location: unknown, the heroes' hotel room~

Look, I see that you all probably see me as some weird bitchy selfish all evil witch. Which to be fair may seem true, but it really isn't. You see, I had a brother, his name was Cole, he was actually a hero. Long story short, it was believed that he was too powerful and they killed him.

I am a criminal to protect myself and Emily. I don't want to be considered as too strong. As a criminal, nobody cares about how strong you are, they just want you to stop stealing.

The Elders have no true power over Emily and me, and that makes us stronger than they ever will be.

I am also like this for Emily. Her parents basically abandoned her, and her father who was actually around for her when he could be was killed, by a hero.

Emily has probably mentioned stories where it sounds like she became a thief by force, but the truth is, after her dad's death, she was messed up. More so than she is now.

Emily wouldn't eat for days. The only thing she would do was murmur, "let them die, let them die."

I have often worried about Emily's well being. I am more of a sister to her than Veronica ever will be.

I am the only one who understands Emily's demons, but Lucas is the only one who can save her from dark.

Emily doesn't want help though, and what she has shone Lucas is just the tip of the ice berg. Emily knows how to play people. Well then hasn't she played you? Most people would ask that, but I learned how to play people from Emily, I know all of her tricks.

Maria, where is Maria, she was supposed to be Emily's lawyer, but who knows, she probably bailed, I probably would too if Emily wasn't my best friend, and I didn't freaking love her to death.

Emily has some issues though, basically she is just a crybaby. Claims she doesn't want help when she is dying on the inside and then she comes to me and cries and she won't freaking stop whining.

It gets annoying, really.

If I was asked to kill Emily, I actually might.

Now, some of you might have heard how Jason and I were a couple. Well, let me kill that dream really fast.

We aren't and never will be a couple. I like other people, particularly Adam, but that doesn't concern you.

Adam and I will never get together though, because he is an asshole and he hates me.

Yeah, dreams dead, fan girls killed right then and right there, time of death 3:13 pm, due to Adam and I not getting together.

I wake up to a scream,Veronica who I had to share a bed with was flailing her arms screaming. Some people may ask, why don't you share a bed with Emily? Aren't you guys like besties or something?

A couple of mothers ago, I would have said yes, but now I am a little paranoid you could say, I have this feeling this little inkling that Emily was going to die.

Maybe not Emily, but one of us for sure. Back to the present though, I woke up Veronica who checked the clock, 4:59 am, two hours just about until we had our trial.

I sigh, getting dressed, careful not to wake up Anne or Bianca. Emily was somewhere else, I would guess with Lucas, but don't ask me.

If it were my choice, I would keep Emily and Lucas far away from each other keeping them five feet away at all times, let alone sleeping in the same bed.

I definitely don't want to see any little Emily's or Lucas's running around, I mean not until they are at least 30.

If she lives that long.

I have no doubt that The Elders are not calling us down for a simple trial. I believe to the fullest that they are planning a sneak attack against us.

I look up to see Emily and Anne walk into the room already in their super suits.

Emily walks over to the little dinette we have and grabs an apple, throwing Anne an orange.

I stand to the side and clear my throat. I had a feeling that Emily was choosing to ignore me.  I had been trying to be cold and detached ever since we had found her.

I get witch visions, that advised me to stay away from Emily. Even if it was against my gut feeling, I was going to stay away from Emily.

Lucas walks in with Adam. The two look like wild wolves, fighting over whatever stupid thing. The two glared at each other as they came to stand next to Emily, surrounding her on either side.

Emily slowly backed out of the situation running behind Veronica who came to stand beside me.

Jason emerges at the same time as Veronica, meaning that we were all here and ready. 6:50 was the time, "Guys, we should leave, so we can get there right before our trial," I say as everyone nods, Bianca stifling a yawn.

We walk to the throne room in silence, waiting for our fate to be decided.