• CHAPTER 4 •

OPAL'S POV

After I returned to Republic city I went to visit Bolin but no one was home so I assumed that he was out. Most likely getting food. I plopped my bag on my bed and started to unpack because I had spent the night before at Air temple island with Genora so I hadn't really gotten a chance to unpack properly. I came to a conclusion that I did not want to see that boy again. Like... EVER! Even if he was really nice... and cute, OH! And of course dreamy; he was perfect. Ugh! What was I saying? I love Bolin more than anyone and it would break his heart if he ever found out about the kiss. Ohh spirits, what have I gotten myself into...

 Ohh spirits, what have I gotten myself into

KORRA'S POV

Darkness engulfed my body... as much as I tried to move my limbs they wouldn't follow. I could hear voices around me. It sounded like Bolin and Asami and occasionally Tenzin but the only voice I really wanted to hear was Makos. Then it hit me... I wasn't sleeping... I WAS IN A COMA! I figured that no one else knew because it must've happened whilst I was asleep. Oh god, I wanted to respond to each voice so badly but my body wouldn't cooperate with my brain. I missed Mako so- so badly... He would always comfort me when I was frightened and scared but I felt so alone. Suddenly I heard a very familiar voice. ''Oh did she already wake up before?'' It was Mako. I felt so relieved and I didn't even know why!

MAKO'S POV

When I returned I was surprised to see Korra asleep once again. ''Oh did she wake up before?'' I questioned. ''Um no actually... she didn't'' I was shocked at the response. ''We- well that means shes been asleep for over a week now. So that means that... no. she can't be. she... shes in a coma! She must be.'' I said as tears started to form in my eyes. ''It's going to be ok...'' Asami said trying to be reasurring. ''Im sure she'll wake up in a-'' ''NO SHE WON'T. SHES'S GOING TO BE STUCK IN THERE FOR... SPIRITS KNOWS HOW LONG AND SHE MIGHT NOT EVEN WAKE UP FOR ALL WE KNOW. SHE'S BEEN TRAUMATIZED SO MUCH THAT.. that she...'' Asami looked disapointed as she stared at me in disbelief. ''Im sorry... that came out wrong, very wrong.'' ''It's uh ... ok Mako. I know your probably really stressed right now and all.'' She was right. I was supposed to be confident and support Korra but what good of a boyfriend am I saying she might not even wake up. ''I should get going now... it's getting late'' Asami said ''Goodbye.'' She said waving. ''See ya...''

''