11

"This isn't fate
Because we are the creators
Of our own destiny"

-BTS,"DNA"

-

TWO MONTHS LATER

"How was your vacation?" Jimin sits down on the chair in front of mine.

"It was okay," I shrug, "I've been to America a lot of times before, not interested anymore."

"This is why I had told you to come with me and Sooyoung to Paris. We had a lot of fun," Jimin says indignantly.

Alone with Sooyoung. I am sure you had fun.

"Doesn't it feel different today?" I say, looking around our new classroom.

"Different what?" he says blankly.

"New classroom, being seniors after a vacation, doesn't all this seem different to you?"

Sudden realization dawns on his face.

"Ohhhh that. Not really though."

What a blockhead.

"You know what's different?" he smirks.

"What?"

"Sooyoung not holding a party. I miss them."

"Get out. Go away. NOW," I push him irritated.

"See ya," he laughs and goes out of the classroom.

This classroom is almost empty since I came pretty early today. I have been away in from Korea for the entirety of my spring break, and I had missed home.

A month is enough to make me miss home.

I wanted a break. I wanted to get away from school work and school itself. The last month of 11th grade was the hardest I could remember, but I ranked up 3 places.

There was a stain I have been trying to remove, and two months later, today I'll know how much I succeeded.

The air is warm, the sky the bluest blue, this is the whether I like the most and for once, I wanted the odds to be in my favor.

-

At 8:27, Jimin finally comes back to class along with Sooyoung.

"Why are you reading Oh my God," Sooyoung exclaims when she sees the book in my hand, "another of those hardcore literature stuff you read?"

"Aish let her be," Jimin pulls at her elbow, "as if you'll understand it anyway."

"Says the guy who's ranked below me!"

"At least my rank went up by five, yous didn't at all!"

"Yeah you dumbass that's just your good luck."

"Yeah sure you dumb show off."

"Excuse me but did I start this-"

"Everyone back to your seats!" Mr. Yoo enters our class. So he's the new homeroom teacher.

"As you guessed it already, I'm  your new homeroom teacher, and I'll be taking your Math like I always have," he says curtly.

"Before I start off with the introduction of the 12th grade, let me tell you that we have a new transfer student among us today. He is also from Seoul."

A transfer student in the last year of school?

From the corner of my eye I see Jimin and Sooyoung, who sit in the desks in front of me and diagonally to my front respectively mouth to each other, "it's a boy for sure!"
"In your dreams it's gonna be a boy for me!"  "Bet?"
"Karaoke on me tonight." 
"Deal."

Mr. Yoo signals towards the door and asks the transfer student to come in.

Seeing full trousers, I see Jimin grimace and smile as Sooyoung pumps a fist below her desk. The next moment, I see him stand beside the teacher's table, facing us.

Green hair, chocolate brown eyes and a smile that turns downwards.

There's no mistaking this.

It's my mystery visitor from that fateful drunken night.

-

💞