Chapter 1

"Yes!" I snapped into the phone,"I'm on my way right now!"My voice was filled with annoyance as I spoke to my best friend. I was in the back of a yellow cab as I spoke to her and I'm sure the driver thought I was unpleasant.

"Why are you so worked up about this, Mary? You have a problem and you need to see a doctor, millions of people do it every day," She explained and my eyes rolled as I listened to her words. She was right, but my situation was a bit different.

"Tessa, sorry that I'm so worked up about a stranger sticking their fingers in me!" The sarcastic comment was said in a hushed tone so the driver wouldn't hear me, but considering we made eye contact in the rearview mirror he, in fact, heard me.

"You haven't had a period in 3 months, that's not normal for a girl like you," She said as she hinted at my most embarrassing trait. I pressed my lips into a line and I wanted to snap at her again, but what good would that do? "It will be fine and once you get used to their fingers up there it might actually feel nice," She said and my cheeks burned as I glared out the window into the spring atmosphere of new york.

"I'm hanging up now," I said in a monotone way and she giggled and bid me goodbye just in time for the car to pull up to the curb of the doctor's office. I decided to tip the man a little extra for his troubles of hearing my conversation and then I stepped out of the car.

I pulled my light pink skirt down so it was smooth and brushed against my knees neatly. I was glad I wore my black sweater today because it was a chilly one given that it was almost March. I hurried into the doctor's office unwillingly but my OCD for being on time outweighed my anxiety for my visit.

The office smelled like a hospital and it gave me the chills, I hated hospitals. It was even decorated blandly like a hospital would. I walked up to the receptionist and smiled at her,"Hello i'm here to see Dr.Knight," I said as my nude nails drummed against the counter.

"Arn't we all," She mumbled under her breath before clicking on the computer,"Mary Penny?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes I'm Mary Penny," I said and she nodded and clicked and typed some more.

"Alright," She said as she got up with my file in her hand and she walked out of my sight.

I shifted on my black heals as I waited patiently. The nurse better hurry up before I make a run for it and just as I thought that the door opened and she smiled.

"He's ready to see you now," She said and I was about to walk, but her words caught up with me.

"Wait, He?" I asked as my eyes widened to the size of the lights hanging above me.

"Yes, Dr.Knight is a male, one of the best really, you're in good hands," She assured me," No pun intended," She mumbled trying to get me to light up but it only reminded me of what was about to happen.

Just do it you big baby!

I sighed and followed her down the hall and she lead me into the examination room, "Alright, Get undressed and put this gown on with the seams tied in the front," She explained and I hesitated for a moment but nodded and she left me to change. I stood with my body against the door as I undressed so no one would barge in.

I did as she said and tied the hospital gown in front of me and I squirmed in the thin fabric because only a few knots prevented my naked body from being shown.

There was a knock on the door and it made me jump in my spot on the table, "eh, uh come in," I said and the door opened.

A large foot dressed in a black shoe entered first and it was followed by a long muscular leg that had black pants clinging onto it in all the right places. My eyes raised up the body and he wore a light blue dress shirt under his white lab coat that constricted against his muscular arms and toned chest. My eyes widened when I looked into his dazzling blue eyes on his perfect face. He was tan which made his feature much more attractive. His Greek nose scrunched in response to He's lips curling into a smile that showed his perfectly straight teeth.