Chapter 3

"See it wasn't that bad!" Tessa said as she put her hands on her slender hips and gave me the 'I-told-you-so' look. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my book on my phone to hide my blush. I failed to mention the almost uh...finishing part. It had been a whole 2 weeks since the appointment and I've been putting off this conversation with Tessa because I didn't want her to embarrass me. I watched Tessa spin around and look at her backside in the mirror, "Anyway, are you ready to go?" She asked and I nodded and stood up to smooth out my knee-length rose-colored dress that hugged my torso but flared out around my hips. We had a wedding to attend, well Tessa had a wedding to attend and I was her plus one. She said she'd rather go to a funeral than to this wedding of her twice removed cousins uncle's friend. Her family was very big and with that comes random weddings for people she doesn't even know.

"I swear there better be an open bar," She grumbled as she pulled up her strapless dress that was threatening to slip off. I knew that was gonna be a problem when she does the cupid shuffle after downing half a bottle of vodka. It was inevitable.

We waltzed out of the bathroom and I followed her to the large ballroom where the wedding reception was being held. Laughter and music were seeping through the walls as we approached the glass doors that led us into the heart of the noise. Tessa made a b-line towards the bar and I tried desperately to keep up with her as she weaved through the crowd. She was an expert with crowds, I on the other had had a little more trouble. I chose to be polite and said excuse me while she would just shove through.

"Halle-fuckin-lujah!" She said as she discovered it was an open bar and she didn't hesitate to order two shots of vodka (A/N who else thought of that vine?). I watched her throw one back and then snatch the one I was sipping on out of my hands and then throw it back as well.

"Are you okay you seem...nervous?" I asked and she sighed as she grabbed my hand.

"An old fling is supposed to be here and I'm honestly very nervous about seeing him," She explained as we walked and I nodded and looked around to see if I could guess which one it was.

"What does he look like?" I asked and she informed me that he was blonde and tall and was on the buff side. I nodded my head casually and glanced around again. My eyes set on a very attractive man that was in the middle of listening to a story from a man with his back to me. I watched as he grinned and his perfectly white teeth shined and blinded me from here. He fit her vague description and he was around her age so I took a wild guess and nudged her and pointed.

"Oh my god! Do I look okay!!" She said as she began to smooth out her perfect hair and I assumed I was right with who I picked.

"You look beautiful, now go talk to him!" I said with a smile and she shook her head and told me to come with her and I told her I would. She pulled me over and casually bumped into him, smooth.

"Ryan!" She said with fake surprise, but he ate it up and grinned down at her with a pleasant look about him.

"Well I'll be damned, is that you Tessa Fuller?" He said with a hint of a southern accent and the two hugged. I smiled at the moment and watched the two pulled away and he kept his arm wrapped around her waist which I'm sure she didn't mind a bit.

"Tessa these are my friends from college," He motioned to the group in front of him and I glanced at them for the first time and my eyes winded as he introduced all of them,- "and last and certainly least, Samual Knight," Ryan teased him and Samual glared at him playfully before casually looking at me and his calm expression changed in a snap as he realized I was standing in front of him. His face changed to a blank slate as his eyes casted a shadow over me that I couldn't get free from no matter how much I avoid his gaze. Well this is awkward.