Chapter 5

I carefully poured my coffee into my travel sized mug and a couple of drops escaped onto my freshly cleaned counters when I jumped. A loud sound from the living room startled me and I frowned and whipped up the drops before hurrying into the living room to see what the commotion was.

My eyes widened when I saw Sam laying on the floor shirtless. The sheets I had given him to sleep on were tangled between his long legs and the fold out couch. A groan escaped his lips and it was husky due to the early morning. I rushed over to him and kneeled beside him,"Are you alright, Sam?" I asked and he opened one eye to look at me and then he opened the other and looked around the room. Probably a little disoriented from waking up by falling out of a bed.

"Just peachy," He said as he sat up on the hardwood floor and I pulled back so we weren't as close. My throat became dry every time he was close to me and it made me flustered probably due to his attractiveness. I watched as he rubbed his eyes and I saw how all over the place his normally slicked back hair was and it looked really good for just waking up. I wished my hair looked that good when I woke up.

He looked over at me as he itched his light stubble that I noticed he began growing out and it made his already defined jaw more prominent. "Why are you dressed up?" He asked and I looked down at my navy dress with a creme belt.

"Oh I have school," I said and his eyebrows furrowed and then I was surprised when he remembered"

"Oh, yes I almost forgot you were a school teacher!" He said and then looked around before standing up and I squeaked when he was just in boxers. I couldn't look away as I watched him stand and his thick muscular thighs untangled themselves from the blanket," Do you like working with kids?" He asked as he looked around for his clothes and I cleared my throat.

"U-uh yeah," I said trying to snap out of my gaze," I don't put up with the boogers and tantrums for nothing," I said and he chuckled as he bent over to slip the black dress pants on from last night. I watched his back muscles flex as he did and I sucked in my bottom lip at the sight.

"I love kids," He stated with a huge smile and I looked down at my hands and smiled at the thought of him with children.

"I don't mean to pry, but why don't you have any? You're at the prime age and you're married," I asked cautiously because I'm naturally a curious person.

"Cassandra doesn't like kids," He said with a sigh as he began to slip on his slightly wrinkled dress shirt. I felt bad for him because he seemed to adore kids.

"Oh," was all I could say and he finished getting ready silently. He walked over to me while I was still on the floor and he held out a hand and I smiled and took it so he could help me up. Once I was on my feet and was about to go fetch my coffee he gripped my hand and pulled me into his chest. My eyes widened as I fell into him and I soon was enclosed by his strong arms as they wrapped around my like a cage I never wanted to escape from. It was weird at first but when he embraced me it soon became heaven. My arms wrapped around his torso and I could feel his warm breath tickle my neck as he said, "Thank you for being so kind to me," He said and I pulled away and smiled up at him.

"It's what friends are for," I said before patting him on the shoulder and I saw something flash in his eyes. I turned away ignoring it and went to fetch my coffee.

He walked in typing on his phone and I glanced up as I packed my bag for the day. "Can I drive you to work? It's the least I could do!" He said putting his phone in his pocket and then smiling up at me. I looked at the clock on my oven and knew I would never make it on time if I waited for the bus.

"That would actually be really helpful, thank you!" I said as I hooked my bag over my shoulder and walked out my door with him on my tail.

"So do you not go in to your office today?" I asked as we come to a stop at a red light.