Chapter 4

"-And she just takes takes takes and never does the simple things like asks me how my day is going! Is that too much to ask? To have your own wife ask how your day was? I mean god forbid we have an interaction that's, not a business deal or us having sex!" Sam ranted as he paced my small apartment living room. With his long legs, it took him 6 steps to one wall before he turned and took 6 more the other direction. I had finally got him to talk and boy did he want to talk he hasn't stopped talking for the last 30 mins. I felt bad for how poorly his marriage was going because he really did seem like a caring husband and everyone has their breaking point. "- and then she says it's all my fault!" He threw his hands up and rolled his eyes," And she had the nerve to say I'm nothing without her! I got news for her honey! I am a world renown Neonatal Surgeon! She's just pissed that I work as gynecologist most of the time! Does she not get a neonatal surgeon is not always needed?! I have to work somewhere to pay the bills!" He fell down on the couch I was sitting at and he let out a frustrated huff. "I'm sorry for unloading on you like this, I don't have any females in my life I can talk to and If I talked to my guy friends like that they would call me a hormonal chick. Which is stupid! Can guys not have emotional feelings!" He said getting frustrated again and it was actually quite humorous at how worked up he got again.

"Sam," I said calmly and rested my hand on his shoulder," Take a deep breath," I said and he looked at me like I was dumb but I glared at him till he complied and took a deep breath and let it out. His minty breath fanned my face and he scowled as he looked off into the distance obviously still worked up," Hey listen, you love your wife, right?" I asked and he nodded his head but a hint of uncertainty filled his eyes but I ignored it. "Then you should be able to talk to her and fix this. Maybe do marriage counseling or something because I'm sure it hasn't always been like this," I said and he shook his head.

"I don't even know if we can be fixed at this point, and if we did counseling it won't work if she doesn't put effort into it," He said and I nodded as I bit my lip thinking of another option.

"Well you have two options at this point," I said and he looked up at me," You can either tough it out and see if you guys can repair your relationship, or you can take yourself out of the situation. It's not fair to either one of you if all you two do is argue all the time. It will make you both miserable. A partner is supposed to complete you and build you up and from what I heard she does not do that. The way she talks to you is abusive behavior and she shouldn't hit you either. It's wrong, people never think about women being the abusers but she is and It broke my heart to see that. Don't think you're anything less than a man by me saying that. You are actually more of a man for keeping calm and not fighting back. I admire you for that." I said and he just looked at me with bright eyes and a ghost of a smile.

"You really are a good person to confide in," He said and I smiled and rubbed his shoulder reassuringly," Thank you, Mary. I know this is completely unprofessional and all, but I'm glad I met you and hope we can be friends."

I grinned,"I think we are more than friends now, I mean you are the only one who's gotten to second base with me," I joked and he threw his head back and laughed which caused me to giggle. I was glad I was finding humor out of the situation and not embarrassment.

"How about we just forget about that?" He offered and I nodded very eager to forget the doctor's visit.

"Friends," I held out my hand and he smiled and grabbed my hand and shook it.

"Friends,"

"Now, how about some more hot chocolate?" I asked and his eyes widened and he nodded quickly as he watched me get up and grab our mugs.

"Yes! I want to bathe in that crack," He said as he got up and followed me and I threw my head back as I laughed. I walked into the kitchen and set the mugs down and he sat down on a bar stool and watched me.