12 // emily donahue likes cats and is most definitely gay

New Girl in the Cute Blue Glasses was my casual manic pixie dream girl. Was I in a John Green novel? Was I about to die of rare cancer and quote obscure poetry all at once? But find true love along the way?

 I slapped myself in the face a little, and the sharp, unexpected strength that was mine forced me to acknowledge it was real life. Damn. 

I was painting my toenails with rainbow nail polish because... the bible. Am I right? The Lord. Praise him. Jesus pride, and all that shit. 

Definitely not because I'm gay, or because I purely wear flip flops. No, I'm undercover. And straight, yeah, I don't have curves. 

Just as I dripped red nail polish over an old period stain, my phone went off. 

5:25PM, Text Message from "gay bae(st fren)" received:

if you could fuck to any anime OST, what would it be?

---

I guffawed unattractively. Had I... actually met my soul mate?

5:26PM, Text Message sent:

anything but attack on titan. 

---

5:26PM, Text Message sent:

no, i take tht back. nothing but the madoka movie ost. 

---

Even though I'd only know Sheryl for three whole days, we had nearly had sex while watching Naruto Shippuden last night. Her hands were all over me and mine were tangled in her hair when we heard the front door open. My mom had come home, and I didn't want to do that to mainstream dub anyways. I'm a certain kind of snob, you feel?

We'd broken apart, and pretended to be straight. Whilst giggling and wiping lipstick off of each other before my mom could walk up the stairs.

I had never really been attracted to anything at all until the Boob Incident with she-who-will-probably-not-be-named. The Binch. The annoyance. But while I had... appreciated the boob... I didn't think I loved it or anything. 

Anyways. Back to Sheryl. God, her boobs were nice. And so were her lips. And her butt. And her hair. And her evil laugh. And her boobs. Her boobs!

I kind of wished I could stop having the genial annoyed thought of Nina every time boobs flashed through my brain. 

(Part of me, deep down, that lacked pride - wondered what the right one felt like.)

Then my phone went off again. I snatched it up wildly, secretly hoping it was an AMV link or Naruto porn from Sheryl. 

6:01PM, Text Message from "boob assault" received:  

hey, can we talk?