Armed... And Dangerous ;)

A/N: Dedicated to Leah, Lacey, and Sumer for pestering me to update. Seriously, though. xD

Cas was forced to stay in the Impala. Dean rolled his eyes when Cas began to protest, cutting him off with a rough, short kiss. When Dean pulled away, Cas leaned back, biting his lower lip. God, he looks so cute when he does that.... Get it under control, Dean, you have a job to do. He stepped out of the car, shutting the door. When Cas began to argue again, Dean cut him off with a growl. “I swear, Cas, I will make it up to you later.”

That satisfied Cas, who winked at Dean before replying, “I get to choose what I want.”

Dean rolled his eyes, smirking, and nodded before walking away. Cas pushed himself as far back as he could get and rested his head against the headrest. He closed his eyes and listened to the sound of the battle raging before him. He listened as Dean insulted the monsters and Sam questioned them. He listened as Dean grunted in pain when the man punched him in the stomach. He listened as Sam cut off the vampire's head. And he listened as Dean and Sam returned to the car. The entire time he was listening, he was wishing that he could help. He was useless. Utterly useless, and a burden to the Winchesters. He felt tears pinprick his eyes and he blinked them away rapidly before Dean could see them.

“Well, that was uneventful,” Dean chortled, giddily, as he slid in the back next to Cas. He pulled Cass into his lap and kissed him deeply. Cas was unresponsive, so Dean pulled back. “Something wrong, Babe?”

“Me.”

“What's wrong with you? Are you hurt? Is it anything I can help with?” Dean looked concerned, and the concern flared when Cas just shook his head. Dean, having figured out what Cass had to have been thinking, tilted Cas' face up so he could meet his eyes.

“Cas,” Dean mumbled, “Don't you ever think that you're a burden. Ever. Do you hear me?”

“How did you know?”

“I know the feeling,” Dean confided. Sam had walked up to the passenger side of the Impala. When he noticed that Dean was in the back, he smirked.

“Couldn't stand being away from him for too long, huh?” Sam's amusement was evident. Dean shot him a look that said 'Not now'. Sam's face fell as Dean gestured toward Cas, but rose again once he gestured toward the driver's seat. Sam smiled in excitement and ran around the car. He slid into the seat and started up the car. As they drove off, he looked into the rear view mirror. He grinned when he noticed that Dean was whispering to Cas and Cas was blushing.

They made it to the bunker and Sam called first shower.

“Fine by me,” Dean growled, picking Cas up. He carried him all the way to his room and laid him on the bed. Cas shivered in anticipation as Dean crawled on top of him, but decided at last minute to hold off. Dean kissed Cas, causing him to moan and almost give in. Cas pulled away after a few minutes.

“Cas,” Dean moaned, attempting to kiss Cas again. Cas rolled off the bed, landing softly on his feet. He stood there for a few minutes with his head cocked, listening. He nodded when he heard the shower turn off and Sam's footsteps recede down the hall.

“Come back,” Dean whined. Cas shook his head, smiling triumphantly. “I need a shower.”

“So do I.”

Cas gestured for Dean to follow him, wiggling his eyebrows obscenely. Dean grinned and followed him.

**SOME TIME LATER**

Dean stumbled out of the bathroom, breathless, clutching a towel around his hips. Cas followed shortly after, bumping into Dean. This caused Dean's towel to slip from his hand in surprise. Sam walked down the hallway, reading a printout of what appeared to be a new case. Before he could see him, Cas pushed past Dean and into Dean's room, blushing. Dean tightened his grip on his towel, trying to look casual. Sam looked up.

“New case,” Sam waved the printout at him, “Get dressed, Princess. We're going to Vegas!”

At exactly this moment, Cas appeared from Dean's room, wearing a pair of oversized sweatpants and a black AC/DC t-shirt. He was shaking a towel through his hair. He smirked at Dean, causing Dean to blush, and winked. Sam's jaw dropped. Cas looked amused and continued to the study.

“Ooohhhhh,” Sam grinned. Dean felt his face flush hotter, but he kept his jaw set and eyes up. Sam nodded.

“Get dressed.”

“Sammy, you do not tell me what to do.”

“Jerk.”

“Bitch.”

Dean flashed a toothy grin at Sam before turning and lunging into his room. Sam smirked sarcastically and went to join Cas in the study.

“What is your new case?” Cas asked, ducking his head.

“Witch, it looks like.”

“Can I--” Cass stopped, remembering the hunt they had just gotten back from.

“Can you what?” Dean asked, walking into the room. After walking to the table where Cas was sitting, he dumped Cas into the floor, where Cas just sat, admiring Dean's appearance. He chose the jeans. THE jeans. Cas smiled. Dean rolled his eyes, and pulled Cas up before plopping him into his lap. He wrapped his arms around Cas and laid his head against Cas' back.

“Checking me out?” Dean whispered, low enough that only Cas could hear. Cas stiffened. “It's okay, Cas. I was checking you out, too.”

Cas' face went a deep scarlet. Sam groaned and shouted for them to get a room.

“Don't mind if I do,” Dean shrugged, picking Cas up and carrying him to his room. Sam groaned again and yelled for them to be ready the next morning at ten.
“I have my own room, Dean,” Cas said when Dean laid him on the bed. He went to get up, only for Dean to push him down again.
“I know,” Dean's voice was a low rumble, “But this way is so much more enjoyable.”

Cas smiled and pulled Dean down on top of him. Dean grinned and kissed Cas, slowly at first, then gaining force and speed. Cas whimpered slightly as Dean pulled away to yank Cas' shirt over his head. Dean ran his hands down Cas' torso before pulling him up into an embrace. Cas pulled away and slipped his hands up to Dean's neck. He pressed his forehead against Dean's.

“Cas, I--” Dean froze. He wasn't sure if it was the right time. Before he could continue, Cas began “Dean, if it's possible, which I'm sure it's not (I just wanted to ask), I know better, but I need to know...”

“Castiel, I need to say something before you continue with your rambling,” Dean breathed, looking resolute. He squinted his eyes, looking directly into Cass's, “I... Love... You.”

Cas gasped, not knowing what to say. He squeezed Dean to him.
“I remember you saying it. When you thought I would....” Dean stopped. Cas pressed his lips to Dean's forehead. “Now, continue with your rant.”
Cas smiled, closing his eyes, before he continued, “WoulditbeokayifIcamewithyouguysonthehunt? IpromisenottobeaburdenandI'lltrytohelp. Please, please, please, please?”

“Slow down,” Dean choked out, laughing so hard that Cas was thrown from his lap into the floor. Cas took a deep breath, and restated his request.

“Can I come, too?”

Dean watched as Cas tilted his head. He watched as Cas' face flickered through emotions, before landing on hope. Dean nodded, smiling.

“I told you, I don't want you any more than arm's length away from me.”
Cas smiled and jumped up onto Dean's lap, showering him with kisses. Dean grinned and flipped over so that he was hovering over Cas' body.
“If this is the reaction I'll get every time,” Dean growled, “you can come on every hunt I ever go on.”
Cas slid his arms around Dean, pressing their bodies as close as he could. Dean moaned and pressed his lips against Cas'.