Vexes in Vegas

A/N: Please don't kill me.

 “Dean? Cas? You guys decent?” Sam yelled, banging on the door of the hotel room.

 “If you want,” Gabe said seductively, “we could always bang down the door. Or, just bang against the door. Whichever you prefer.”

 Sam felt a blush begin to creep up his neck. At that exact moment, Cas answered the door. Sam's mouth hung open and Gabe just burst out laughing. Cas was wearing only a sheet

“Yes?” Cas seemed unaffected by the reactions of the men outside his door. He raised an eyebrow and cocked his head. Sam averted his eyes to the room behind Cas, but Dean's naked body spread across the bed caused him to turn on his heel and pull Gabe toward the elevator. Cas smiled and turned back to Dean.

 “Baby,” Dean whined, “Come back to bed.”

 “Unfortunately, we have to catch that witch.”

“Fine. I'll just take a shower, then,” Dean grumbled and rolled off the bed. After laying there for about five minutes, he stood up and made his way to the bathroom, stepping over various articles of clothes along the way. He smirked when he heard the water running already.

“Cas? Couldn't wait, huh?” He teased, pushing the door open. His face fell when he saw Cas. Cas' eyes were bulging out and his face was purple. He was clawing at his throat, leaving thin lines of blood trailing down to his collarbone. Dean snapped out of it and rushed around the bathroom, searching for the hex bag that was so obviously responsible for Cas. Cas passed out, hands still clawing feebly at his neck. Dean finally found the bag inside the lining of the mirror and destroyed it, too late. Cas' eyes were glazed over and his pulse was nonexistent. Dean let out a sob and called out to Gabe. Gabriel, you and Sam get your asses up here right now.

Not even five minutes later, Gabriel and Sam were banging on the door. Dean was reluctant to leave Cass and was relieved when he heard Gabe whisper to Sam that he could unlock the door. Dean heard the lock click and pulled Cas into his lap, rocking back and forth. His tears were falling onto Cas' face.

 “What happened?” Sam demanded when he saw the hunter and angel on the floor. Dean, not trusting his voice, threw his head in the direction of the hex bag. Gabe pursed his lips and bent down over the bag, shifting through its contents. His eyes began to sparkle with realization and he fabricated himself a red lollipop. He popped it into his mouth and moved over Cas. He touched Cas' head with the first two fingers of his right hand. Cas gasped and rolled so that his hands were on the floor in front of his, supporting him, as he hacked. Dean sucked in a breath and looked at Gabe.

 “Okay, pretty boy, put on some clothes,” Gabe smirked as he turned to Sam. He whispered something and Sam nodded tightly before following Dean out of the room. 

“Castiel?” Gabe began, then paused to let Cas catch his breath. “Castiel, you are going to die.”

“Wh.. What do y.. you mean?”

“If we don't catch this witch in the next 24 hours, you are going to die. And not even Michael himself could bring you back.”

Cas nodded curtly and asked if Dean knew. Gabe shook his head and pursed his lips around the lollipop that adorned them.

“Okay.”

 Dean rushed back into the room and pulled Cas up to him, ducking his head into Cas' neck, trying to get as close as humanly (or angelically) possible. Cas wrapped his arms around Dean, one on his back and one on his neck. 

“I thought I lost you,” Dean whispered, his voice breaking. Cas looked over his shoulder at Gabe and nodded.

“Dean, allow me to get some clothes on. I think I've embarrassed myself enough this morning,” Cas joked feebly and pulled away. Dean reluctantly let him go, but watched his every movement as though he could force any harm away from the angel with just his gaze. His concentration was broken by Gabriel clearing his throat. Dean glared at Gabe, though he knew it wasn't his fault, and waited for whatever the archangel was going to say.

 “Dean, we have 24 hours. To catch the witch,” Gabe paused, contemplating if he should add the next part, “Or Cas will die. I won't be able to revive him. Not again.”

 Dean clenched his teeth and went out of the room, grabbing Cas as he went. They walked like this until they reached the elevator. Once safely inside, Dean pushed Cas up against the wall and kissed him as passionately as he could before he pulled away, his arms on either side of the angel and his breathing ragged.

 “I refuse to lose you again,” Dean growled, kissing Cas in between each word. Cas pulled Dean to him, trying to heal the hunter of his pain. Cas whispered against Dean's shoulder, “You won't.”

 Dean felt a single tear slip down his already tear-stained face and tucked Cas' head underneath his chin. The bell dinged and they broke apart. As they walked out to the Impala, Dean laced his fingers with Cas'. He got into the back seat, refusing to give up any precious time he had left with his angel, and allowed Sam to drive. They followed Gabriel's instructions.

 “So, you've been hunting?” Sam asked, amused.

 “Only this witch. She's been killing angels and demons, shapeshifters and humans. Practically anything.”

 “Oh. How do you know where she is?”

 “Angel radio. They've been watching her, waiting for their move. I guess we're gonna beat them to it.”

 Sam nodded, and Dean pulled Cas onto his lap, trying to protect him with his presence. 

“I am scared, Dean,” Cass whispered, his eyes glistening, “I do not want to die.”

 “I will never let that happen. I lost you once, Cass. I can't do that again.”

 “We're here!” Gabriel shouted, causing Sam to swerve. He quickly apologized and waved his hand to tell Sam to go a little further before they parked.

 “She's not home...”

 “We can either wait,” Sam looked back at Cas and realized that waiting wasn't really an option for him, “or we can go in anyway. Up to you.”

 “We're going in,” Dean spoke through clenched teeth, “This bitch is going down.”

“Oh, Darling, there's really no need for name calling,” a mysterious voice said from outside Dean's window, “Would you like to come in.”

Dean jumped a little in surprise, but quickly regained his posture. He looked at Sam and Gabe, but was interrupted by the woman again.

 “You really should hurry. I mean, 24 hours isn't all that long.”

 Everyone got out of the car and began following the woman to the house. Everything about this woman screamed 'whore', from the way her blonde hair swished with every step she took and her hips rocked obscenely to the tight red dress she was wearing. Dean decided then and there that he hated her, and that would've been strange except the fact that Cas was staring at this woman with an emotion that Dean couldn't quite pinpoint. Then, as if it was screaming at him, Dean realized what that emotion was: jealousy. Because this was the type of woman Dean used to go after. The type of woman Cas had seen him with so many times before.

 Dean grabbed Cas' hand, lacing his fingers through Cas', and pulled him to his side. Cas cocked his head, still walking. Dean smiled and stopped, causing Cas to have to stop, as well. Dean didn't hesitate to press his lips to Cass's, silently claiming possession of the angel. Cas smiled into the kiss and pulled Dean closer. They heard a disappointed noise come from the woman and Dean pulled away, resting his forehead against Cas'.

 “You're mine,” Cas mumbled, surprised that the words came out. He looked as if he was going to take them back, but Dean stopped him with a forceful kiss and words of his own.

 “I am, but you're mine, too.”

“Are we gonna go, or would you two like to continue your lovefest?” the woman asked angrily as she placed a hand on her hip. “Need I remind you that you now only have about 22 hours to reverse the curse?”

She laughed at her own joke and resumed walking. Dean and Cas followed, with their fingers still laced together.

When they got to the door, they heard a voice that they knew all too well.

“Hello again, Boys. I have news for you.”