Chapter 5

The next morning I kept my promise to Molly and explained my evening with the Kray family, Molly was concerned for my wellbeing however when I informed her Reggie had asked me out on a date Saturday night.

Insuring my friend I had no intention of getting involved in the Kray family apart from continuing to do Violets hair I readied myself for work. I had received a letter from my mother the other day informing me everything I was missing at home causing a nostalgic feeling to wash over me. But at the same time I loved my job and new independence.

After grabbing a quick bite with the girls I made my way happily to my job only to be stopped my Lacy.

"There's a car outside for you, a man asked for you by name, do you want me to call the police?"

Frowning I walked over to the window and sneaked a peak to the mysterious car. I smiled slightly as I saw Albie standing outside with a cigarette in hand.

"No it's ok"

Smiling to her and placing my hand gently on her shoulder I made my way towards the door and opened it to see Albie there, he straightened his moisture when he saw me and gave me his usual smile "Hello Miss Matthews care for a lift?"

"It's ok Albie, I honestly don't mind walking"

"No trouble" he opened the back door and I smiled politely as I stepped inside only to be shocked to find I wasn't alone.

"Good morning Miss Matthews

"Good morning Mr Kray"

"Please call me Ronnie"

^^^^^^^^

"I hope my brother behave himself rightly when he dropped you home last night"

"O yes he did, very much the gentleman"

"hmm"

The car remained silent again until Ronnie broke it

"So do you think me and Reggie look alike?" he looked at me with those eyes, they were like black pools of ink.

"Yes, minus the glasses of course"

"No you don't, you think he's beautiful and I've got a face like a camels arse"

Chuckling lightly I tried to maintain composure as I assured him that wasn't what I thought at all. "No Ronnie, I don't think that"

he seemed to assess me for a moment before believing me. I saw we were at my place of work and even though I was comfortable in Ronnie's presence I felt my body relax slightly as i reach for the door handle. i was stopped however my Ronnie's voice "would you care to accompany me Saturday night Miss Matthews"

"O um... well your...brother actually asked me on a date this Saturday Ronnie"

his eye twitched and, the same with his nose, I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing he seemed to nod and I was relieved when Albie opened my door. he seemed to realize how grateful I was and gave me a kind smile "have a good day Miss Matthews"

"Thank you Albie, and thank you again Ronnie I appreciate the lift"

he waved his hand which now had a cigar "anytime Miss Matthews"

"Please call me Freya"

Whatever sour mood I had left the car in seemed to disappear as I saw him smile lightly

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back at the Kray family household Reggie sat in the living room while Violet ironed his and Ronnie's shirt, even though they insisted they could have them done elsewhere she insisted to do it herself. I suppose it was her way of seeing she was still needed to her twin boys. hearing the front door opened and enveloped her son in a hug

"Hello Ronnie"

"Hello mum"

walking into the living room with Albie following behind him Ronnie sat opposite his brother

"Would you like a tea boys?"

"O yes please mum that'll be lovely" Reggie smiled lovingly at his mother and she beamed back and happily got to making the boys and herself some tea. Mr Kray was no where in sight but then again the races were on so he was probably down at the pub.

"I've just been to see Freya"

Ronnie's gaze was on his brother as Reggie looked up

"O yeah?"

"Hmm, she told me you asked her on a date this Saturday"

Albie and two further members of the gang looked between the two unsure of what was happening. Ronnie has stated to anybody who would listen he was homosexual, so why on earth would he be interested in a woman? even one as sweet as Freya?

"That's right" the newspaper Reggie was reading was now forgotten as he spoke to his brother "I don't see a problem with that she's a nice girl, and mum loves her"

"I don't suppose it occurred to you I might have wanted to court her"

"Tea boys" Violet thankfully broke the tension but not the brothers gaze. The brothers fought, of course they did, but never over a woman.

"No your right" Reggie admitted not wanting to course a scene "Sorry Ron"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing mum honest, I forgot something that's all" he stirred his tea "how about me and Ron take you out Saturday night it's been ages since we've all been out together aside from last night, you could ask Freya if she wants to come"

"O what a lovely idea, she's coming round tonight to do my hair" She sipped her tea while eyeing her two boys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N *peaks behind the laptop* I'm sorry, I'm sorry i lost inspiration for a while but I'm trying to get it back, let me know what you think x