Chapter 7

I was shaken by the policeman. I suppose I was being naive in thinking me being around the krays wouldn't have some sort of impact in their world. Never the less I did say to Violet I would visit Reggie while he was serving his sentence.

I decided after this I would put my distance between me and the kray family, I would say to Violet work has been busy and I've taken on some extra home visits, that seemed fair enough.

I've never been near a prison before never mind in one, where I grew up it was a sweet little village,  the only real problem was when things would get heated on farmers market day and mr Shrut and Mr Larkin would have a heated debate on who's apples were better.

The buzzing jerked me out of my thoughts and myself along with multiple people walked into an adequate room.

"If this is your first time dont hand the inmates anything, dont hug or hold hands. Even though you were searched beforehand things can still be passed between inmate and civilians. Fail to follow those rules will be a result of the inmate escorted back into their cells and the civilian escorted out of the prison with a possibility of not returning"

I could tell alot of the people here were regulars as they weren't really paying attention. Finally the cell door opened and the prisoners came in, it was quiet nice to see really, husbands,sons,fathers and brothers seeing their loved ones again. I held my breath as Reggie came to view I felt my eyes widen as I took in his face. He seemed to fall out of synchronicity with his steps when he saw me but carried on walking towards me non the less.

Taking a seat opposite me he just stared at me
"Not that it's not nice to see you love but what are you doing here?"

I ignored his question for now "what happened to your face?"

Shaking his head he rubbed his eyebrow "nothing, misunderstanding"

Nodding I pursed my lips and decided not to press "to answer your question your mum asked me to come, she's worried about you, she asked if I could come and see how you were doing"

He nodded "yeah I'm doing good, how are you? It's been a bit, missed our evening out together,  that would have been nice"

I smiled "I'm doing ok, works picking up, I've taken on a few extra clients who want home treatments so I probably wont be around much"

I figured I would say it now so if Violet ever questioned Reggie he could confirm I already told him

"That's a shame, I know mum likes your visits, me and Ron too"

"I know" I say softly "I saw Ron the other day, he's doing ok, I met a few of your friends and Teddy"

"I hope they all behaved themselves" as he spoke I could tell he really meant that, thankfully I didn't have to lie

"Proper gentlemen" I assured him, I looked around before focusing on him "well I'm glad your ok, and hopefully your misunderstanding won't happen again"

"That won't be a problem"

🌹🌹

It's been two weeks since I've seen the kray family and I wanted so badly to see them all. To talk to Violet and talk about the latest hype, seeing the brothers and talking to them.

I was currently in my room letting down my hair from the small pins which kept my hair neat and tidy when Ms Shrewsberry, the lady who owned the flats, knocked on my door with a tight lipped expression

"A gentleman brought these for you Miss Matthews" she walked in and set on the table a large bouquet of yellow roses "need I remind you Miss Matthews  no overnight guests will be permitted in my establishment"

"Yes Ms, I'm aware"

She hummed before walking away. Curiously I looked at the bouquet and noticed a small note attached

 Curiously I looked at the bouquet and noticed a small note attached

Maybe it was going to be harder to distance myself than I thought