Chapter 2

Hameed's P.O.V
I have just finished my university, thank God I've studied my dream course and even had time to earn a diploma in my hobby.I studied Software engineering in the American university of Nigeria, actually, I got a scholarship and was glad,my education was so smooth, since dad wasn't paying any school fees he made sure I had enough money for my comfort.I earned a second class upper degree.I have always loved photography since childhood, and I also had the time to squeeze it up.Many people might think its a waste of time,but hey, photography has made me a celebrity in campus, a lot of girls would come and be like "Hameed,can you come for our birthday?" Sometimes even weddings, I wouldn't dare mix it up with my studies so,often I rejected and it was a problem, girls!! They can be so selfish! Hmm. Enough of all this sef,mum had told me earlier to go and get her golden jewelry fixed in Wuse market. I went and took the car key resting on the center table of my room and headed out.I decided to pick a friend of mine by the way,"wait for me under area 1 bridge, I can't come to your house,shh! No dogon bayani just do as I've said,please " I told him on phone. Just in time, I could see his slim body waiting impatiently, I slowed down and he hoped in."Alhj.Abdulhameed kenan,yau motan oga ka dauka?" He said smiling. Concentrated on the traffic, I said "Alhaji Faruk,my Dad's car is my car ai,you think all Dads are like yours?..hhh" I chuckled.It was a Saturday so,the abj traffic was not congested,atleast not the way it would have been on a Monday. In no time, we were through with fixing mum's jewelry and as usual, Faruk must always create a situation he calls "chilling". So,without waste of time I took the road to 'magic land'.Within 5 minutes, we were there,they were a lot of cars outside,so I guessed the place would be lively.

Just as expected, the first thing my eye landed in after we bought our tickets was a big family, having a great time

Just as expected, the first thing my eye landed in after we bought our tickets was a big family, having a great time. I could see a man,I assumed to be the head of the house and two elderly women I took to be his wives,and many children, "a typical northerner!" I murmured which prompted Faruk to look at the direction I was looking at."Bad guy,what took your eye there? Oh,the two wives? You're funny wallahi". Faruk had to pat me a little before I came back from my trance."what's wrong guy?" "Nothing is wrong, man,just wait and see".I held Faruk's hand and dragged him like a child.I showed him a girl in the midst of the big family, she wore a skirt,a loosed one,with a boyfriend jacket and a white inner shirt," very kwankwasiya" I thought. But we couldn't have a grasp of her face well. The family kind of separated, everyone going the way of the things he/she was interested in. The girl along with another girl, probably her sister were heading towards the bumper ride.
Yes,we guessed it right, they were buying tickets,we quickly headed to the place and bought tickets for the ride too. Once we were in and fastened our belts,we started riding, as usual ,it was a random drive, I spotted her and uses my bumper to hit her car from behind, Oh my God! It was too much I thought, she shot me a glare which made me avoid her for sometime, I lost track of her, and in a second, I felt a hard knock from behind. Alas! It was her,Faruk gave me a look like trying to say "guy,talk,say something" I got it and quickly shouted above the noise made by the other cars "let's do this?" Giving her a wide smile. She nodded, and that was how we continued bumping to each other's car till our time elapsed. As soon as we walked out of the arena,I met her
"Salamu alaikum! Hi"

"wa'alykum Salam"she simply replied.

" Care for a treat?,um, I mean ,yeah,if you don't mind" I finally stammered out of me.

"What- if- I -mind?" She asked,making me freeze like a robot.

"you won't, InshaAllah" I said after some seconds delay.

"Hh,InshaAllah? Well, okay then".

I was very happy, as if I've gotten a Job with Microsoft.Haha! I could sight Faruk with a girl near the water splash stuff. Can you imagine? He's cheating my sister in front of me! Faruk is impossible! Oh,yes,Faruk is in a relationship with my sister, Khadija. But the way I'm seeing things hmm.Let me just keep quiet.
~~~
Hi guys, I hope u enjoyed this chap! Wallahi I just saw myself flowing, please vote and invite your friends! Thanks, have a nice day.
I know you'll like to know how Hameed goes along with this girl he has met. Thanks for adding my book AFRICANBITCH