Chapter 21

Honey we can run forever
If forever is what's in store
Oh t----i----m----e!!
To take me home
                  From vampire diaries  Mikky Ekko-Time
---------------------------------------------------------
Haneefah's P.O.V
So on Monday afternoon, I along with my closest friends were on our way to Hafsah's house,she recently had an appendicitis surgery. But would our car cooperate? I don't know how this car managed to have a punctured tyre. We became stranded! This is Abuja,nobody cares,we could spend a day there without anyone coming to the rescue. We were already thinking about locking the car and calling Uber. We needed to get to Hafsah as fast as possible. It's been 3 days since she had the surgery.

Just before I launched my uber app,a black Benz slowly made it's way to us. Then there was this guy in it that offered to help. He wore a T-shirt and a jean. Had some traces of moustache and had a very clean hair cut. I weirdly like guys with nice carvings. So all through the time he helped us fix the spare tyre, I was admiring his carving. He seemed so smart. He fixed the tyre like it was not a big deal.

"Maybe he goes to the gym" I whispered under breath. I mentally gave myself a slap. What if he heard me? A matter of minutes and he was done,he declined any form of appreciation from me. Again, he didn't ask for my number. Now this is something rare. Since he didn't, I decided to give him mine, maybe he was shy or just couldn't ask. As I handed him my phone through the glass,I could feel the cool air from the AC resonating his heart warming perfume through my nostrils. Once I returned from Hafsah's house, I chatted him up on what's app.

Me:Hey mechanic😜

Handsome: Wrong number🤔

Me:Oh really?😪

Handsome:Oh yeah!😄

Me: Actually, I wanted to thank you for helping me out today😄

Handsome:You're welcome, it's nothing☺

Me: So,how're you doing?

Handsome:I'm good and you?

Me: I'm okay. I was just telling my Dad about the Angel that came to my rescue😂

Handsome:Thanks but i'm not an Angel😂💔

Me: A heartbreak so early?🙄

Handsome:Sorry🤗

Me:So,you work here?

Handsome:Yeah,yeah..wbu?

Me: Yeah same,I started working just a month ago

Handsome:Wow nice

Me:Where do you work?

Handsome:Nigeria-China institute of technology. It's actually new..you may not know about it.

Me: That's great!

Handsome:Thanks

Me: Will you be busy tomorrow?

Handsome: Errrr depending on the time

Me:Let's say evening?

Handsome:Uhmm maybe

Me: I'll give a call @ 5 then.

Handsome:O-k-a-y

Me: I have some unfinished work here...bye

Handsome: Çiao

It's already 4:00pm. I'll take a quick shower and dress up. Before then,I have to let my girls know what's going on in our what's app group

*BFFs❤❤*

Me:Hey peeps!

Zuwee:Aunty how far?

Lady Kay👄: Are we safe?

Best friend💋: You are back again👀

Me: I am going on a date💃

Best friend💋: Look who's talking💁

Me: I'm serious guys

Zuwee:When did you get approval?🚶

Lady K👄: Send his picture first👀

Me: I don't have yet,hopefully later..see you guys later🏃

Our group is always on fire when someone's going on date. It's just girls so we say anything we feel like. I'm sure Lady K is going to roast me when I'm back,she's already asking for his picture. Girl can't keep calm.

I quickly had a shower and dressed in a jean with a kimono. Its not a bad time to rock my new Gucci sneakers. I still have no idea where we're going to. I sent him a text earlier to tell him the appointment is still on of which he's yet to reply. I sprayed 3 perfumes from my 10 collections. No, I'm not wearing makeup. A thin eye liner and a lip gloss will do. My phone vibrates,it's an SMS from handsome

"Hi,where are we meeting?" It read

"You mind picking me up in my house?" I texted back

"Send your live location via the map"

With that,I sent him my live location. I'm done dressing. I didn't even tell Mummy I'm going out. I walked towards the dispenser for a warm water. I've been told to avoid cold drinks lately. Mummy walked into the kitchen and saw me dressed like I was going out.
"Are you going out?"

"Yes mummy,a friend is coming to pick me up"

"Who's she?"

"Its a he actually"

"I see, take care and tell your Dad before you go"

"Alright, but I thought he was asleep"

"That's your business. I don't know why it's hard for you to stay in one place,sai kace na miji!(as if you're male)"

I know, Mummy never wants to hear that I'm out. I don't blame her though. It's not easy to be a parent in this contemporary times. And we girls can be so vulnerable. But I think my karate classes from highschool give me an edge over unforseen circumstances. Once I was attacked by a classmate in my ss3. I kicked him in between his legs. Ever since the incidence happened, he always avoided eye contact with me.

*Phone beeps*
SMS from Handsome
"I'm right where you are"

I didn't reply the message. I just carried my handbag and placed my eye wear in between the first button of my dress. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could before mummy changes her mind. Sometimes it's hard to understand her. I didn't even care to check where Ali,our gateman disappeared to. I opened the gate myself and I could see the familiar Benzo. He steps down to open the door for me, how sweet!

"Hi"he waved once I settled in the seat.

"Hello" I replied trying to calm down

"So,where we headed?"

"Jabi" was all that came out of my lips in reflex.

"So be it" he said looking at me and smiling. I could see him from the corner of my eyes.

Author's note:
Hey guys!!! 4k reads!!! I still can recall when I had 80 reads at chapter 3 or 4. Thanks to each and everyone of you. Without you guys,my words wouldn't transform to an amazing story like this. May all our dreams come true. May Allah accept our prayers and fasts.