Chapter 28

We walked into the sitting room where I greeted Zeenah's mum.

Observable fact: Zeenah has had an old crush on Hameed for years. But she can't just give herself out to him,she wants him to chase.

Zeenah walked in and greeted Mama and I.

I decided to get some fresh air outside. Actually the air in the room is so fresh,I just wanted to stay away from those women. Mama and Zeenah's mum can be so dramatic. They can come up with something I'm not ready for.

Observable fact:It's not like I don't like Zeenah. But I think I need some time to heal. I've had two breakups in a year already. Well,to me, Haneefah's own too was a breakup because I felt it as hard as I felt any other breakup.

While scrolling down stuffs on my phone, Zeenah walked towards me. She wore a black palazo and a T-shirt, she wasn't wearing any veil so I could see her beautiful hairs dancing as the wind blows softly. But more charming were her eyes,in them I saw pure desire, one i alone wants to stare them to a succor.

"You didn't even drink water" her sweet voice snaps me out of my fantasy.

"Yeah,I wasn't that thirsty" I smiled back

"Okay,let me take it back" she said

"No" I said as I held her left hand and used my thumb to slightly caress her hand.

Observable fact: I am a palazo freak!!

Observable fact:What the hell am I doing?

She turned to me and smiled.

I stared deep into those intoxicating eyes of hers. Then she looked away.

"Give me some water" I finally could utter something.

She handed me over the bottle of water. I had a gulp and I threw it to the car's back seat.

"Thank you" I said

She walked away smiling. What could that have meant?

I entered the car and settled on the driver seat. I played some of my favorite songs as I replied my messages on what's app. Then I decided to send  Zeenah an SMS.

Me:Hi

Zeenah:Heyyo

Me:I'm alone outside😪

Zeenah: You were the one who went outside na😂

Me: You want me to stay in the parlour with dem Hajiya?

Zeenah: Lol,you can come upstairs, we're watching a movie

Me:Hell nah!

Zeenah:😂😂

Me:Don't worry,I'm enjoying my playlist..just that..

Zeenah: just that what?

Me:I want to see your eyes

Zeenah:Stop flirting

Me:And I want to feel your hand again

Zeenah: This getting outta hand..I'm out😂

Omg! What am I even doing? Did I just do all these? What if she shows it to someone? That's pure flirting!

I dropped my phone on the dashboard and closed my eyes while looking upwards.

Zeenah's P.O.V

Through the corner of my eyes I could see Ya Hameed not comfortable with something. Suddenly, he stood and walked out of the sitting room. I decided to follow him with his water outside. At first he declined,just as I turned to leave, I felt the grip of his hand on mine,it felt warm. I turned to look at him when our eyes met I couldn't help but admire his face, this was the closest we have ever been. He kept staring like he was counting how many atoms were there in my eyes until I turned away,in shyness. Ya Hameed was an old crush of mine but with his hand on mine,it felt like all those old chills I felt years ago just got bigger. Once he got back to his senses,he let go off me.

Observable fact: I still love him

Hameed's P.O.V

Few minutes later, Mama's voice came to end the silence I was drowning in.

"Let's go" Mama said

"OK" I said,adjusting to my seat.

We waved hands to Hajiya Rabi. She looked happy for reasons I knew not.

"So my friend said you should try your luck with her daughter" Mama blasted

"Hmmm" I said

"Am I the only one in this car?" She asked, not satisfied with my response.

"No,I mean,it's okay. But I'm tired of trying. I think I need some space" I replied

"The space in this car is not enough for you?" She asked

"No,the space in my head" I replied

No one said a word until we were home.

"I want to see my grandchildren before I die" Mama blurted out

"Nobody is dying soon" I replied

"Welldone, Angel Jibril abi?" She said

I kept mute,i rather let out a small smile,I don't want to start talking about angels this evening.

Once we were home she updated Baba on this development. Wait,is this even a development?

"Haba! Was that necessary?" Baba lamented

"Darling you won't understand, it's necessary o" Mama replied

It's true, both I and Baba cannot understand. Mama is not yet 50,and she's healthy. Why bother always thinking about dying?

Observable fact: Though dying has nothing to do with age I guess

"Well,let's see what the boy and the girl decide" Baba said in his usual of killing discussions that didn't interest him.

I headed to my room and sat on a stool by the corner of my bed.

Observable fact: My room is where I find peace.

In as much as I wanted to tell myself I needed time to heal,Zeenah's eyes may have started the healing process.

I gave Haneefah a call and she wouldn't pick. I don't know why. If there is something I know,then it was that a part of me was in need of someone. I checked my SoundCloud and searched for one of my favourite Lewis Capaldi's song.

🎵Now the day bleeds, into nightfall,and you're not there, to get me through it all...🎵

Those were the right words I needed I thought.

Observable fact: I love music,and I use it for therapy.

Playing that song, I could feel my body start to accept the reality that my chapter with Haneefah has come to an end.

There was Zeenah again with a call. I honestly didn't want to answer as I was deep in thoughts,but my ears couldn't help resist the voice that gives them symphonies whenever they kissed.

Authors note: Chapter 29. Story almost over! Another point for Zeenah. I still feel he's not settling with her. Maybe not all stories are meant have a happy ending. Well,I can't tell for now.