Curiosity killed the cat (Part 2)

"You better stay here"

With these words Patrick left her staring after him in confusion. She should have just left. This was her chance to escape her weird classmate, at least for the weekend. But as the saying goes "curiosity killed the cat", she just hoped that the following line "but satisfaction brought her back" would also apply in this case. Careful not draw his attention she sneaked after him.  Surprisingly,  Patrick headed back to school grounds. A sinister suspicion formed in her mind. He would alarm his "friends", the infamous Bowers Gang, that he had found a new victim for them. Her. Totally at their mercy. She should just run home. She still had until Monday, till she'd have to face Patrick again and then at least alone.

However, Patrick had different plans. Not Henry Bowers, but Sally Mueller was the one he was looking for. Fortunately for him, her best friend Greta was sick today, which is why she didn't drive home with her earlier. Instead she still stood in front of the school building. Perfect defenseless prey. Apparently waiting for someone.

That someone most certainly was anybody but the one who actually appeared. "Hello, Sally", a sickly sweet voice greeted her. "He..", the girl raised to be polite in all situations went to reply. Though the words stuck in her throat, when Patrick shoved her against the wall, putting his hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming.

"Listen here, little Miss Perfect. You know I was thinking about giving our friend a present. Your bloody teeth would make great jewelry or perhaps your fingers would look nicer, what do you think?"

His free hand roamed over her body, being fully aware of how uncomfortable she was with this. Still, he didn't leave her a chance to reply, as she struggled against him.

"And ripping out your lashes one by one will be great fun. You know, Sally, I'd keep this in mind. Because if she has to feel down because of you, I'll be sure to cheer her up with some nice little Sally-Mueller-Jewelry."

At this the girl whimpered helplessly. Patrick dropped her as if she were some sort of trash. "I hope we are clear. I'm not sure how pretty you'd be lacking a few limbs and teeth. Not like you're that pretty to begin with.", to finish his speech he spat on the terrified girl. Then he hurriedly turned around, rushing to get back to his favourite little secluded spot.  He had a girl waiting for him.

Yet, the girl wasn't where he left her, but cowering behind a car -she was unaware of the stroke of bad luck that this was Belch Huggins's car at that time- watching the scene in front of her unfold. Part of her had wanted to step in, when Patrick cornered her former best friend. Though she was ashamed to admit that a tiny part in her also felt pleasure at the stuck-up girl being finally put down a notch. Against her expectations Patrick didn't even harm Sally Mueller. It seemed as though he just explored her body while telling her long story. Would he do this to her, too later on?  What other reason could he have to drag her out, save from harming her obviously? She peeked out further from her hide-out. What was he going to do next? If he was to harm the other girl or force her to do anything crude, she had to step in to save Sally. Though she  had no idea how exactly she would accomplish that.

Suddenly, she was slammed against the car she was hiding behind. Tears welled up in her eyes at the harsh impact. Sharp pain shot through her spine. "Well, who do we have here? Are you looking for some fun?" The sneering voice belonged to none other than the school's number one bully, Henry Bowers. Right now she felt like a little mouse that stepped right into a trap. Cornered by her predators with no chance to get out. Belch Huggins held her against his car, twisting her arm in the process whereas Victor Criss blocked her view on Patrick and Sally to her left. And Henry Bowers stood right in front of her, obscenely grabbing his crotch as he continued: "Because we sure can provide it for you. And when I'm done with you, you even get two others for free. Looks like it's your lucky day!" At this he snickered maliciously. Panicking she looked for any way out of this. But three on one, three rather buff guys against one rather frail girl, would never work out in her favor.

"Henry", she addressed the leader after taking a deep breath. "Could you please send your friends away. I'd like to tell you something in private." The snickering stopped. Belch Huggins even loosened his grip on her. His face distorted to a puzzled expression. Like Victor he turned to Henry. The seconds of silence felt like an eternity to the cornered girl, until the leader finally spoke up with a malignant glint in his eyes. "Vic, Belch, leave us here. We're going to have some fun alone." Hesitantly, his gang followed his command. Belch threw her into Henry's arms like a ragdoll, only laughing at her suppressed hiss.

After the car started with a load rumbling and they finally were out of sight, she glanced up at Bowers expectantly. Surely, he would ask her what the matter was any possible moment. But Henry took his time. Probably, enjoying having her squirm around in his firm grip. She finally couldn't take the heavy silence anymore. Shifting her chin forward she looked him in the eyes defiantly. "Aren't you-.."

Only to be interrupted by Bowers laughing at her. "You didn't think I believed your stupid lie, did you? You shouldn't waste your energy on stuff like that. I've got better jobs for your mouth to do." Her shoulders slumped. She was stupid indeed, feeling smug for assuming she had outsmarted them. Her eyes still tried searching for someone, anyone to come to her help. All in vain. Even Sally Mueller who had been one of the last ones still there today was no longer to be seen. Had she left...with Patrick? Perhaps, this now was karma for not daring to help the other girl earlier. Now their situations were similar. Yet, she somehow would have preferred Patrick to Bowers. At least, he had been decent to her instead of making his ill intentions clear to her like Henry Bowers did just now. As her thoughts went stray, she felt his hands roaming around her upper body, while pressing his hip close to hers. Soon it would be too late to stop the boy. She had to do something now.

"W-wait!", she stuttered out -once again hating herself for this display of weakness- "You really don't want to continue. Or..." His hands that had slipped under her blouse tightened their grip. "Or what? You're going to cry like a baby?", he mocked her, while leering down at her. "No.", with every ounce of bravery she dug her fingernails into his hands, forcing him to search for another place to put them. "My boyfriend would not like this at all. He's coming to fetch me soon.", she begged to god her blatant lie would not be as obvious as her first one.

"You lying b****", Henry growled, displeased with her lack of respect as his anger problem began to show. He slammed her down on the ground. Holding her down by her already bruising shoulder. By now she had realized that she wouldn't get out of here with words, she had to try to escape at least. If she had to harm him slightly in order to remain unscathed, she was willing to take this risk. Her position kneeling in front of him really didn't offer her many options, so she slowly -as if to test the waters- bent down to his feet and embraced his leg.

"I'm so sorry. Let me make it up to you.", she mumbled sheepishly, feeling his gaze burn in the back of her head. With trembling fingers she caressed his leg gradually moving upwards. To her disgust Bowers let out an appreciative sound. The pressure on her shoulders decreased slightly. She only had to get up a bit more and then when she was on her feet again...

"Stay down.", he harshly commanded. There went her plan. Fear had overtaken her mind. All her attempts had been useless. When Henry started to run his fingers through her hair, the adrenaline kicked in. She shoved against his leg with the weight of her whole body. It must've also been due to the surprise effect as the impact alone surely wouldn't have made Henry Bowers fall. But how and why weren't important. What mattered was that her tormentor lay on the ground. Struggling to get up for a moment. His face distorted into an angry grimace. These few seconds were all she needed. She half-crawled, half-ran away as fast as she could. Not caring about her trousers getting dirty and ripped, not caring about anybody hearing them -if anything this would be in her favour- not caring about anything but getting away from Henry Bowers. When suddenly someone pulled her up.