You chose Bowers? (Part 20)

You've got a place to hide somewhere safe you found, so I locked you in and I burned it down (Your Head Got Misplaced)

Where the hell was that boy? She gritted her teeth. Usually, Bowers seemed to lurk behind every single corner, just waiting for her to pass by. And now that she was actively searching for him the earth appeared to have swallowed him whole. Not that she would have minded that.

Bad thoughts. She reprimanded herself. Even Bowers didn't deserve that. But part of her disagreed. Not to mention that her fury at him was quite evolved now. Having him disturb her project, where she could for once excel in something for school, was just the tip of the iceberg. Hope he fell into a hole and couldn't find the way out.

Reluctantly, she made her way outside. Without Bowers. Still, the anticipation of telling Patrick about their new partner in the project was thrilling enough. Yeah, Vic. For sure she could make Patrick believe she absolutely wanted to do the project with her best friend Henry. At least, she was pretty sure he wouldn't be too mad at her. Patrick had been understanding today and last night as well. So she wouldn't have to fear an explosion just now. Would she? Save that for when the three of them had to work together.

Taking her time walking down the stairs of the entrance, she already saw Patrick leaning against the wall in front of their spot from far away. He appeared to be in a strangely upbeat mood. This only increased, when he noticed her walking towards him by herself. With a smirk he beckoned for her to come over. "Decided on ditching Vic for me? Good choice.", he purred once she was close enough, while stretching his arm around her shoulder to pull her against him.

"Actually we're both ditching Vic", she murmured sheepishly in the crook of his neck. Better rip of the plaster at once. "I don't see any problem with that", Patrick whispered lowly in her ear. His fingers already wandering over her skin.

She inhaled sharply. She couldn't let him distract her now, if he found out about Bowers later he'd be angrier than if she just explained it now. "Well, you might. 'Cause I thought we could just have some, you know, alone time for our project, but turns out someone doesn't have any friends and has to join us", she leaned away from him to calculate his expression to her direct approach.

"Well, we'll just ditch them then. Or let them do the work.", Patrick pulled her closer to him again. After yesterday he somehow had to have his hands on her at all times. Probably afraid that someone might try to steal her from him otherwise. Not that she minded it too much. In fact it was comforting to know that someone - him on top of that- actually wanted her.  "Well, if you want to ditch that's fine. But I'm actually looking forward to this, so maybe I'll just have to spend some time alone with Bowers then..", she bit her tongue mere seconds after the careless words left her mouth. After all, she knew she shouldn't have teased him like that, but her reply had blurted out before she could mull this over. Literally ripping the plaster off.

His grip on her tightened. Timidly, she met his eyes to find them considerably darkened again. "You chose Bowers?", he let out a disbelieving laugh. "What are you playing at? Are you actually trying to make me angry?" His jaw clenched in uprising fury. She was quick to put her hands on his chest in a soothing motion. "You know that's not true. Don't make me repeat what I said last night", she hid her reddening cheeks under her hair. In vain. With a smirk Patrick stroked her hair to the side. "But I'd really like to hear it. Oh, do I make you blush, Sweetheart?", he teased in a low voice. Of course, only deepening her blush. "Stop it, Patrick.", she tried to distract from his effect on her, "And anyway we don't have time for that now. We've got to meet up for the project and that idiot Bowers is nowhere to be found!"